Peace Officer Careers
CDCR expects to hire approximately 7,000 correctional officers... read more
Join Our Team Before You Apply Apply Now Cadets
Youth Correctional Counselor Careers
The Youth Correctional Counselor is an entry level class. Once hired as a Youth Correctional Counselor, candidates attend a formal, sixteen week training program at the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation Training Academy and a formal two-year apprenticeship program upon reporting to a juvenile facility.
- US Citizenship (or applied)
- 21 years old
- U.S. HS Diploma/GED
- Good physical condition
- No felony convictions
- Eligible to own/possess a firearm
And (see full job spec for requirements)
- One year as a CO, YCO or MTA or performing duties of peace officer.
- Bachelor's Degree from a U.S. accredited college (or registered senior) or
- 2 year degree from a U.S. accredited college
and 2 years related experience
- Youth correctional agency.
- Parole or probation department.
- Family, children, or youth guidance center.
- Juvenile bureau of law enforcement.
- Education or recreation agency.
- Mental Health Facility.
BECOME A PEACE OFFICER
- Join Our Team
- Before You Apply
- Selection Components
- Out of State Applicants
- Military and Veteran Applicants
- Peace Officer Reinstatement
- Sign Up For eNotification
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Contact Us