Youth Correctional Counselor Careers
The Youth Correctional Counselor is an entry level class. Once hired as a Youth Correctional Counselor, candidates attend a formal, sixteen week training program at the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation Training Academy and a formal two-year apprenticeship program upon reporting to a juvenile facility.
Click this link to review the full job specifications and requirements.
- US Citizenship (or applied)
- 21 years old
- U.S. HS Diploma/GED
- Good physical condition
- No felony convictions
- Eligible to own/possess a firearm
And (see full job spec for requirements)
- One year as a CO, YCO or MTA or performing duties of peace officer.
- Bachelor's Degree from a U.S. accredited college (or registered senior) or
- 2 year degree from a U.S. accredited college
and 2 years related experience
- Youth correctional agency.
- Parole or probation department.
- Family, children, or youth guidance center.
- Juvenile bureau of law enforcement.
- Education or recreation agency.
- Mental Health Facility.