Avenal State Prison (ASP)
3 Ways of Sending Money to Inmates
- Lock Box: A no fee service with a shorter hold time for sending money via money order, personal check, or cashier’s checks.
- EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer): A paid service, this is the fastest option with funds posted to inmate’s account within 1 to 3 days.
- Mail funds directly to the institution: Never a fee. All funds except Certified Funds are subject to a 30 day hold.
Furniture Factory, Metal Fab, Egg Production, PIA Laundry & General Fabrication.
Vocational: Auto body and fender, auto mechanics, electronics, office services and related technology, plumbing, refrigeration, small engine repair, welding, and electrical works.
Academic: Adult Basic Education, High School/GED, English Language Development, Literacy Program, IIP (Incarcerated Individual Program, Computer Assistant Instruction and College Programs available.
- Other: Alcoholics Anonymous (AA), Narcotics Anonymous (NA), Criminal Gangmembers Anonymous (CGA, ), Braille Transcription, Youth Adult Awareness Program, Timeless and various religious groups, and Eye Glass Recycling, Veterans Group, Avenal Prison Mindfulness Medication, and Friends Outside.
Family Liaison Service SpecialistCDCR provides through a contract with a community-based organization an on-site Case Manager as a family reunification liaison for inmates and family members, to assist with an inmates pre-release preparation; and conduct Parenting and Creative Conflict Resolution classes for inmates. Please call the Institution to contact the Family Reunification Liaison.
At Avenal State Prison, you may contact F. Febres at (559) 386-0587 extension 6825.
- Visitation Home
- Facility Locations
- CA Out-of-State Facilities
- Community Correctional Facilities
- Juvenile Facilities (DJJ)
- Printable Maps of California's Correctional Facilities
- Get on the Bus
- Inmate Visiting Guidelines - includes Mail and Telephone calls (pdf)
- Juvenile Visitor Guidelines
- Visitor Processing Appointment Scheduling System (VPASS)