California State Prison, Centinela (CEN)
3 Ways of Sending Money to Inmates
- Lock Box: A no fee service with a shorter hold time for sending money via money order, personal check, or cashier’s checks.
- EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer): A paid service, this is the fastest option with funds posted to inmate’s account within 1 to 3 days.
- Mail funds directly to the institution: Never a fee. All funds except Certified Funds are subject to a 30 day hold.
Visiting Hours and Directions:
from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Centinela is participating in the VPASS visiting appointment scheduling program. VPASS is an on-line program used to schedule appointments for visitor processing (contact visits only). New appointment times for CEN become available each Monday and you may schedule a visit two weeks in advance. For additional information about the VPASS program go to CDCR Visitation. In the event the VPASS appointments are full CEN does accommodate non-appointments with priority visitor processing to individuals with VPASS appointments. http://visitorreservations.cdcr.ca.gov/
Visitors who are unable to schedule an appointment will be processed as a walk-up visitor beginning at 8:15 a.m. based on space availability in the Processing Center.
ASU and non-contact visiting appointments may be scheduled Monday through Friday during normal business hours.
A CDCR funded Visitor Center is at the institution operated by a community-based organization under contract to CDCR. The Visitor Center provides visiting assistance to family members and friends including a sheltered place to wait before and after visits, transportation to and from local transit terminals, childcare, clothing appropriate for visits on loan, and information about local resources, visiting rules and regulations.
Visit this link to customize your driving directions.
Message from the Statewide Inmate Family Council:
Local Inmate Family Councils (IFC's) are a gathering of family and friends of the incarcerated who meet regularly with Wardens to support visiting since keeping strong family connections with loved ones is a powerful rehabilitative tool. These IFC's promote visiting by clarifying rules and regulations as well as discussing health, education, vocational training, packages, books, and related issues. For more information on connecting with a local IFC, please visit the Statewide IFC website.
- Visitation Home
- Facility Locations
- CA Out-of-State Facilities
- Community Correctional Facilities
- Juvenile Facilities (DJJ)
- Printable Maps of California's Correctional Facilities
- Get on the Bus
- Inmate Visiting Guidelines - includes Mail and Telephone calls (pdf)
- Juvenile Visitor Guidelines
- Visitor Processing Appointment Scheduling System (VPASS)