California Men's Colony (CMC)
3 Ways of Sending Money to Inmates
- Lock Box: A no fee service with a shorter hold time for sending money via money order, personal check, or cashier’s checks.
- EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer): A paid service, this is the fastest option with funds posted to inmate’s account within 1 to 3 days.
- Mail funds directly to the institution: Never a fee. All funds except Certified Funds are subject to a 30 day hold.
Visiting Hours and Directions
For the purposes of visiting, certain items and
articles of clothing are strictly prohibited.
Click here for Important Visiting Information.
Please contact our visiting number for further information at (800) 374-8474.
Visitor Processing Appointment Scheduling System (VPASS) Information:
California Men's Colony (CMC) is participating in the VPASS pilot program. VPASS is an on-line program used to schedule appointments for visitor processing (contact visits only). New appointment times for CMC become available each Monday at 12:01 a.m. For more information about VPASS go to CDCR Visitation. In the event the VPASS appointments are full CMC’s non-appointment/walk-up time is 10:00 a.m. to enter the grounds and 10:30 a.m. for processing.
A CDCR funded Visitor Center is at the institution operated by a community-based organization under contract to CDCR. The Visitor Center provides visiting assistance to family members and friends including a sheltered place to wait before and after visits, transportation to and from local transit terminals, childcare, clothing appropriate for visits on loan, and information about local resources, visiting rules and regulations.
Message from the Statewide Inmate Family Council:
Local Inmate Family Councils (IFC's) are a gathering of family and friends of the incarcerated who meet regularly with Wardens to support visiting since keeping strong family connections with loved ones is a powerful rehabilitative tool. These IFC's promote visiting by clarifying rules and regulations as well as discussing health, education, vocational training, packages, books, and related issues. For more information on connecting with a local IFC, please visit the Statewide IFC website.
Visit this link to customize your driving directions.
From the North or South:
- Hwy 101 to San Luis Obispo; exit Hwy 1
- North on Hwy 1 (for approx. 3 miles)
- West Facility visitors: turn left on Santa Cruz (first left), and follow signs to Visiting
- East Facility visitors: stay on Colony Drive and park in parking lot on left side
San Luis Obispo offers a wide variety of lodging choices, from campgrounds to luxury hotels. For more information, call the San Luis Obispo Chamber of Commerce at (805) 781-2777 or visit our website www.visitslo.com.
- Visitation Home
- Facility Locations
- CA Out-of-State Facilities
- Community Correctional Facilities
- Juvenile Facilities (DJJ)
- Printable Maps of California's Correctional Facilities
- Get on the Bus
- Inmate Visiting Guidelines - includes Mail and Telephone calls (pdf)
- Juvenile Visitor Guidelines
- Visitor Processing Appointment Scheduling System (VPASS)