California State Prison, Corcoran (CSP-COR)
Warden (A) for California State Prison-Corcoran.
3 Ways of Sending Money to Inmates
- Lock Box: A no fee service with a shorter hold time for sending money via money order, personal check, or cashier’s checks.
- EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer): A paid service, this is the fastest option with funds posted to inmate’s account within 1 to 3 days.
- Mail funds directly to the institution: Never a fee. All funds except Certified Funds are subject to a 30 day hold.
Facility 4A and 4B Security Housing Units
Housing in Facilities 4A and 4B is maximum security of 180º design facility and provides for a variety of special housing programs. The majority of the inmate population in these facilities is the Security Housing Unit (SHU) inmates. Inmates whose conduct endangers the safety of others or the security of the institution are housed in SHU. In most cases, these inmates have committed serious rules violations while housed in a general population setting.
Within the SHU housing facilities, is a specially designated unit: The Medical/Handicap SHU unit which meets the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). It offers maximum security housing with necessary adaptations to the showers and cells for accessibility.
The 4A Facility has the bed capacity for 1,024 inmates. The facility currently houses inmates that require protective housing within the Protective Housing Unit (PHU). Facility 4A has a debriefing unit for validated prison gang associates/members wishing to disassociate themselves from criminal gang activity. It also houses inmates participating in the DDP, DPP, and inmates meeting the criteria for inclusion into the Exhibitionism Treatment Program.
The 4B Facility has the bed capacity for 1,005 inmates. Facility 4B houses validated prison gang members, i.e., Nuestra Familia (NF), Nazi Low Riders (NLR), Aryan Brotherhood (AB), Mexican Mafia (EME), Black Guerrilla Family (BGF), Texas Syndicate (TS), and the Northern Structure (NS).
- Visitation Home
- Facility Locations
- CA Out-of-State Facilities
- Community Correctional Facilities
- Juvenile Facilities (DJJ)
- Printable Maps of California's Correctional Facilities
- Get on the Bus
- Inmate Visiting Guidelines - includes Mail and Telephone calls (pdf)
- Juvenile Visitor Guidelines
- Visitor Processing Appointment Scheduling System (VPASS)