Chuckawalla Valley State Prison (CVSP)
A. M. Gonzales,
Visiting Hours and Directions
from 8:00 a.m. to 2:45 p.m.
Visiting at CVSP is available on weekends and major holidays. Visiting hours are between 8:00 a.m. and 2:45 p.m., with visitor processing beginning at 8:00 a.m. No visitor will be processed after 1:45 p.m.
All adults seeking to visit an inmate shall provide a completed visiting questionnaire and obtain institution/facility approval before coming to visit. It is the inmate's responsibility to forward a visiting questionnaire to any and all prospectve visitors. Inmates in Administrative Segregation Unit (ASU) requires an appointment for visits. ASU visiting appointments are made on a weekly basis. Please contact our visiting staff for ASU appointments and for any further information regarding visiting at (760) 922-5300, ext. 5403; or the CVSP Visiting Hotline at 1 (800) 374-8474.
A CDCR funded Visitor Center is at the institution operated by a community-based organization under contract to CDCR. The Visitor Center provides visiting assistance to family members and friends including a sheltered place to wait before and after visits, transportation to and from local transit terminals, childcare, clothing appropriate for visits on loan, and information about local resources, visiting rules and regulations.
General Directions:CVSP is located approximately 90 miles east of Palm Springs, off of Interstate 10, next to Ironwood State Prison.
For additional information, visit this link to customize your driving directions.
From Los Angeles, CA:
- Travel East on Interstate 10 to Wiley's Well Road.
- Then travel south (right) on Wiley's Wells Road approximately 3 miles.
From Phoenix, AZ:
- Travel West on Interstate 10 to Wiley's Well Road.
- Then travel south (left) on Wiley's Wells Road approximately 3 miles.
- Visitation Home
- Facility Locations
- CA Out-of-State Facilities
- Community Correctional Facilities
- Juvenile Facilities (DJJ)
- Printable Maps of California's Correctional Facilities
- Get on the Bus/Chowchilla Family Express
- Inmate Visiting Guidelines - includes Mail and Telephone calls (pdf)
- Juvenile Visitor Guidelines
- Visitor Processing Appointment Scheduling System (VPASS)