Deuel Vocational Institution (DVI)
3 Ways of Sending Money to Inmates
- Lock Box: A no fee service with a shorter hold time for sending money via money order, personal check, or cashier’s checks.
- EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer): A paid service, this is the fastest option with funds posted to inmate’s account within 1 to 3 days.
- Mail funds directly to the institution: Never a fee. All funds except Certified Funds are subject to a 30 day hold.
Visiting Hours and Directions
Saturdays and Sundays from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
And the following holidays:
Independence Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Years Day.
To schedule a visiting appointment, you must call (209) 830-3900 on Fridays, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 9:00 a.m. or email firstname.lastname@example.org Monday or Tuesday between 7:00 a.m. and 9:00 a.m.
For updated information concerning DVI visitor hours or closures, please contact the Visitor Hotline at (800) 374-8474, and follow the voice prompt for information specific to DVI.
A CDCR funded Visitor Center is at the institution operated by a community-based organization under contract to CDCR. The Visitor Center provides visiting assistance to family members and friends including a sheltered place to wait before and after visits, transportation to and from local transit terminals, childcare, clothing appropriate for visits on loan, and information about local resources, visiting rules and regulations.
Message from the Statewide Inmate Family Council:
Local Inmate Family Councils (IFC's) are a gathering of family and friends of the incarcerated who meet regularly with Wardens to support visiting since keeping strong family connections with loved ones is a powerful rehabilitative tool. These IFC's promote visiting by clarifying rules and regulations as well as discussing health, education, vocational training, packages, books, and related issues. For more information on connecting with a local IFC, please visit the Statewide IFC website.
For additional information, visit this link to customize your driving directions.
- Take I-5 South for approximately 62.3 miles
- Take the Kasson Road exit
- Turn left (east) over the over pass onto Kasson Road
- Turn left onto the entrance road, immediately after going over the railroad
- Take Highway 99 South for approximately 47 miles
- Merge onto CA-4, toward 1-5/Downtown Stockton/San Francisco
- Merge onto I-5 South toward San Francisco/Los Angeles
- Continue for approximately 16 miles
- Take the Kasson Road exit
- Turn left (east) over the overpass onto Kasson Road
- Turn left onto the entrance road immediately after going over the railroad tracks
From San Francisco:
- Take I-580 East for approximately 46 miles
- Merge onto I-205 East; continue for approximately 9 miles
- Take the Mac Arthur Drive exit
- Turn right (south) onto Mac Arthur Drive; continue for approximately 1/2 mile
- Turn left (east) onto Grant Line Road, continue approximately 5 miles
- Grant Line Road will turn into Kasson Road
- Continue on Kasson Road (approximately 1 mile) over the overpass
- Visitation Home
- Facility Locations
- CA Out-of-State Facilities
- Community Correctional Facilities
- Juvenile Facilities (DJJ)
- Printable Maps of California's Correctional Facilities
- Get on the Bus
- Inmate Visiting Guidelines - includes Mail and Telephone calls (pdf)
- Juvenile Visitor Guidelines
- Visitor Processing Appointment Scheduling System (VPASS)