Deuel Vocational Institution (DVI)
- PIA: Farm/dairy operation
- Other: Youth Diversion, Religious, Narcotics Anonymous, Alcoholics Anonymous
DVI Education Programs
- Academic: Adult Basic Education 100; Adult Basic Education 200; Computer Literacy; Auto Body repair; Building Maintenance; Heating, Ventilation, Air-conditioning (HVAC)
- Kasson Adult School (KAS) which is part of Deuel Vocational Institution is a fully accredited Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) adult school. The programs offered through the school have been an integral part of the rehabilitation of thousands of men that have been incarcerated at DVI since 1953.
- KAS provides academic programs that lead toward the completion of the General Education Development (GED) exam. College courses are offered through Coastline Community College which is part of the California Community College System and leads to an Associate Arts or Science Degree.
- Career Technical Education classes are provided by credentialed instructors and train inmates in Auto Body & Paint, Heating Ventilation & Air Conditioning and Building Maintenance. A basic computer fundamentals class is also offered that provides skills in Micro-Soft Word, Excel, Access & Power Point.
- Independent study programs are available for inmates that have institutional job assignments to further their educational goals or interests. Courses available assist inmates to prepare for the GED exam, basic literacy in reading and mathematics, American Sign Language, art appreciation, small business management, and a book & poetry club.
- The physical education (PE) program is facilitated by a credentialed physical education teacher and provides conditioning and health & nutrient classes. The PE program provides inmates the opportunities to participate in intramural sports and activities year round.
CDCR's Division of Rehabilitative Programs offers a wide range of programs for inmates. Check to see which programs are offered at this institution.
Family Liaison Service Specialist
CDCR provides through a contract with a community-based organization an on-site Case Manager as a family reunification liaison for inmates and family members, to assist with an inmates pre-release preparation; and conduct Parenting and Creative Conflict Resolution classes for inmates. Please call the Institution to contact the Family Reunification Liaison.