Folsom State Prison (FSP)
Ron Rackley, Warden
Visiting Hours and Directions
Visitor Processing begins 1/2 hour prior to each day's visiting start time and ends 1 hour prior to each day's visiting closing time. For information regarding Administrative Segregation Appointments or lock-down information, please call Folsom State Prison's main telephone number at (916) 985-2561 and select option 2.
Visitor Processing Appointment Scheduling System (VPASS) Information:
Folsom State Prison (FSP) is participating in the VPASS pilot program. VPASS is an on-line program used to schedule appointments for visitor processing (contact visits only). New appointment times for FSP become available each Sunday at 7:00 p.m. For more information about VPASS go to CDCR Visitation. Folsom allows visitor traveling a distance of 250 miles or more that have not been to visit in the last 30 days or visitors under 250 miles and have not visited in the last 6 months, to utilize a standby starting at 8:00 a.m. All other visitors that donít meet the previous criteria are allowed a non-guaranteed standby at 12:00 noon with the maximum number of 40 visitors between 12:00 noon - 1:00 p.m. (1:00 p.m. close of visiting intake).
A CDCR funded Visitor Center is at the institution operated by a community-based organization under contract to CDCR. The Visitor Center provides visiting assistance to family members and friends including a sheltered place to wait before and after visits, transportation to and from local transit terminals, childcare, clothing appropriate for visits on loan, and information about local resources, visiting rules and regulations.
Message from the Statewide Inmate Family Council:
Local Inmate Family Councils (IFC's) are a gathering of family and friends of the incarcerated who meet regularly with Wardens to support visiting since keeping strong family connections with loved ones is a powerful rehabilitative tool. These IFC's promote visiting by clarifying rules and regulations as well as discussing health, education, vocational training, packages, books, and related issues. For more information on connecting with a local IFC, please visit the Statewide IFC website.
Folsom State Prison is located 25 miles east of Sacramento, and approximately 100 miles northeast of San Francisco. For additional information, visit this link to customize your driving directions.
- Take Hwy 50 east to Folsom Blvd exit; turn left (North) on Folsom Blvd
- Continue North to Natoma Street
- Turn right on Natoma Street
- Follow Natoma Street (note: watch for the Police Station on your left)
- Pass the Police Station and make a left turn onto Prison Road at the light. There will be a "Folsom State Prison" sign
- CAUTION: Once on the Prison Road continue past the first entrance on the right, that is the entrance to CSP-SAC
- Follow the Prison Road until you reach the parking lots on your left
- Park your vehicle in the first parking lot on your left. If you require Handicap Parking accommodations there are designated parking spaces available in the parking lot to the right. There are additional Handicap Spaces on the other side of the Visitor Processing Building.
- The Visitor Processing is the building next to the parking lot. Please report there for visitor processing
- Visitation Home
- Facility Locations
- CA Out-of-State Facilities
- Community Correctional Facilities
- Juvenile Facilities (DJJ)
- Printable Maps of California's Correctional Facilities
- Get on the Bus
- Inmate Visiting Guidelines - includes Mail and Telephone calls (pdf)
- Juvenile Visitor Guidelines
- Visitor Processing Appointment Scheduling System (VPASS)