High Desert State Prison (HDSP)
3 Ways of Sending Money to Inmates
- Lock Box: A no fee service with a shorter hold time for sending money via money order, personal check, or cashier’s checks.
- EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer): A paid service, this is the fastest option with funds posted to inmate’s account within 1 to 3 days.
- Mail funds directly to the institution: Never a fee. All funds except Certified Funds are subject to a 30 day hold.
- PIA: None
All Vocational programs are located on Facility B. Vocational programs offered include, auto body repair and refinishing, and building maintenance.
Academic: Adult Basic Education, High School/GED, English as a Second Language, and Literacy Program.
- Other: Religious, Victim Awareness, Alternative to Violence project, Alcohol/Narcotics Anonymous, Veterans group, Lifers Group, and Inside Out Dad.
Family Liaison Service SpecialistCDCR provides through a contract with a community-based organization an on-site Case Manager as a family reunification liaison for inmates and family members, to assist with an inmates pre-release preparation; and conduct Parenting and Creative Conflict Resolution classes for inmates. Please call the Institution to contact the Family Reunification Liaison.
- Visitation Home
- Facility Locations
- CA Out-of-State Facilities
- Community Correctional Facilities
- Juvenile Facilities (DJJ)
- Printable Maps of California's Correctional Facilities
- Get on the Bus
- Inmate Visiting Guidelines - includes Mail and Telephone calls (pdf)
- Juvenile Visitor Guidelines
- Visitor Processing Appointment Scheduling System (VPASS)