Ironwood State Prison (ISP)
3 Ways of Sending Money to Inmates
- Lock Box: A no fee service with a shorter hold time for sending money via money order, personal check, or cashier’s checks.
- EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer): A paid service, this is the fastest option with funds posted to inmate’s account within 1 to 3 days.
- Mail funds directly to the institution: Never a fee. All funds except Certified Funds are subject to a 30 day hold.
Visiting Information and Directions
Visiting Days:Saturdays, Sundays and Designated Holidays* from 8:30 AM to 3:00 PM.
Visitor Processing Appointment Scheduling System (VPASS):
VPASS is an on-line program used to schedule appointments for visitor processing (contact visits only) at Ironwood State Prison (ISP). New appointment times at ISP become available each Sunday at 9:00 PM VPASS appointments can be made two (2) weeks in advance. For more information and to enroll in VPASS please go to CDCR Visitation. Instructional videos for account activation, forgot password and edit/cancel appointments can be accessed at http://www.cdcr.ca.gov/visitors. In the event you are not able to show up for your appointment, please remember to cancel. This will give someone else the opportunity to visit.
Walk-Ups:At no time will any visitor be turned away (contact visits only) solely for the inability to make or schedule an appointment. Walk-ups will be processed no later than 11:00 AM, and sooner if possible. Please note: This policy excludes ASU and Non-Contact visits.
ASU and Non-contact Visits:Appointments may be scheduled only on Tuesdays from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM by calling ISP Visitation at 760-921-3000 ext. 5803. Appointment times are 9:00 AM to 11:45 AM on visiting days.
Attorney Visits:Contact the litigations coordinator at 760-921-3000 ext. 7570.
Visiting Hotline 1-800-374-8474:Please call this number to obtain the most up-to-date visitation status, as it can change at any time.
Visiting Rules and Regulations:For visiting guidelines click on the Visitation Home link below the inmate locator tab.
A CDCR funded Visitor Center is at the institution operated by a community-based organization under contract to CDCR. The Visitor Center provides visiting assistance to family members and friends including a sheltered place to wait before and after visits, transportation to and from local transit terminals, childcare, clothing appropriate for visits on loan, and information about local resources, visiting rules and regulations.
Message from the Statewide Inmate Family Council:
Local Inmate Family Councils (IFC's) are a gathering of family and friends of the incarcerated who meet regularly with Wardens to support visiting since keeping strong family connections with loved ones is a powerful rehabilitative tool. These IFC's promote visiting by clarifying rules and regulations as well as discussing health, education, vocational training, packages, books, and related issues. For more information on connecting with a local IFC, please visit the Statewide IFC website.
- Visitation Home
- Facility Locations
- CA Out-of-State Facilities
- Community Correctional Facilities
- Juvenile Facilities (DJJ)
- Printable Maps of California's Correctional Facilities
- Get on the Bus
- Inmate Visiting Guidelines - includes Mail and Telephone calls (pdf)
- Juvenile Visitor Guidelines
- Visitor Processing Appointment Scheduling System (VPASS)