Ironwood State Prison (ISP)
David B. Long, Warden
Visiting Hours and Directions
from 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Visiting Hotline: 1-800-374-8474
For visitors without internet access, visiting appointments are scheduled Mondays from 10:00 a.m.to 1:00 p.m. (760)921-3000 ext.5803 or 5804. Appointment times are 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. on visiting days.
For attorney visits only contact the litigations coordinator at ext. 7570.
ASU and non-contact visiting appointments may be scheduled Tuesdays from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Appointment times are 9:00 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. on visiting days.
Visitors who are unable to schedule an appointment will be processed as a walk-up visitor at 11:00 a.m.
Visitor Processing Appointment Scheduling System (VPASS) Information:
Ironwood State Prison (ISP) is participating in the VPASS pilot program. VPASS is an on-line program used to schedule appointments for visitor processing (contact visits only). New appointment times for ISP become available each Monday at 12:01 a.m. Appointments can be made two weeks in advance. For more information about VPASS go to CDCR Visitation. In the event the VPASS appointments are full you need to contact the institution for their non-appointments/walk-up times.
A CDCR funded Visitor Center is at the institution operated by a community-based organization under contract to CDCR. The Visitor Center provides visiting assistance to family members and friends including a sheltered place to wait before and after visits, transportation to and from local transit terminals, childcare, clothing appropriate for visits on loan, and information about local resources, visiting rules and regulations.
Inmate Family Council Chair: Malia Rubi Email: Ironwoodifc@gmail.com
Ironwood State Prison is located approximately 90 miles east of Palm Springs, off of Interstate 10, next to Chuckawalla Valley State Prison.
For additional information, visit this link to customize your driving directions.
From Los Angeles, CA:
- Travel East on Interstate 10 to Wiley's Well Road.
- Then travel south (right) on Wiley's Wells Road past Chuckawalla Valley State Prison approximately 7 miles.
From Phoenix, AZ:
- Travel West on Interstate 10 to Wiley's Well Road.
- Then travel south (left) on Wiley's Wells Road past Chuckawalla Valley State Prison approximately 7 miles.
- Visitation Home
- Facility Locations
- CA Out-of-State Facilities
- Community Correctional Facilities
- Juvenile Facilities (DJJ)
- CDCR Adult and Juvenile Institutions and Camps in California (pdf)
- Get on the Bus/Chowchilla Family Express
- Inmate Visiting Guidelines - includes Mail and Telephone calls (pdf)
- Juvenile Visitor Guidelines
- Visitor Processing Appointment Scheduling System (VPASS)