Kern Valley State Prison (KVSP)
- Vocational: Auto Mechanics, Office Services and Related Technologies, Small Engine Repair, and Welding.
- Assessments: General Educational Development (GED) and Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE).
- Certifications: Automotive Service Excellence (ASE), Microsoft Office User Specialist (MOUS): Word, Excel, and Power Point, Outdoor Power Equipment Specialist Association (OPESA), and National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER).
- Academic: Adult Basic Education (ABE) I, II, III, and GED.
- Assessments: Comprehensive Adult Student Assessment Systems (CASAS), GED, and TABE
- Library: Law and Recreational services available.
- Physical Education: Indoor and outdoor tournaments and special events solely for those inmate participants over 55 years of age.
- Television Specialist: Monitors the closed circuit television system approved for inmate entertainment, information, and education.
CDCR's Division of Rehabilitative Programs offers a wide range of programs for inmates. Check to see which programs are offered at this institution.
Family Liaison Service Specialist
CDCR provides through a contract with a community-based organization an on-site Case Manager as a family reunification liaison for inmates and family members, to assist with an inmates pre-release preparation; and conduct Parenting and Creative Conflict Resolution classes for inmates. Please call the Institution to contact the Family Reunification Liaison.