Pelican Bay State Prison (PBSP)
3 Ways of Sending Money to Inmates
- Lock Box: A no fee service with a shorter hold time for sending money via money order, personal check, or cashier’s checks.
- EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer): A paid service, this is the fastest option with funds posted to inmate’s account within 1 to 3 days.
- Mail funds directly to the institution: Never a fee. All funds except Certified Funds are subject to a 30 day hold.
Inmate Population (as of Sept. 30, 2013)
General Population: 983
Psychiatric Services Unit: 115
Enhanced Outpatient Unit: 34
Administrative Segregation Unit: 244
Minimum Support Facility: 127
Non-custody: 480 (includes health care)
Operating budget for FY 2013/2014
$158,820,252 (does not include medical)
- Visitation Home
- Facility Locations
- CA Out-of-State Facilities
- Community Correctional Facilities
- Juvenile Facilities (DJJ)
- Printable Maps of California's Correctional Facilities
- Get on the Bus
- Inmate Visiting Guidelines - includes Mail and Telephone calls (pdf)
- Juvenile Visitor Guidelines
- Visitor Processing Appointment Scheduling System (VPASS)