Richard J. Donovan Correctional Facility (RJD)
Physical / Mailing Address:
480 Alta Road
San Diego, CA 92179
Visiting Hours and Directions
from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
To schedule an Administrative Segregation Unit or Non-Contact Appointment, please call (619) 661-7900. Calls will be answered in the order in which they are received. (Please note that you may hear music, while you are holding for Visiting Department Staff.)
A CDCR funded Visitor Center is at the institution operated by a community-based organization under contract to CDCR. The Visitor Center provides visiting assistance to family members and friends including a sheltered place to wait before and after visits, transportation to and from local transit terminals, childcare, clothing appropriate for visits on loan, and information about local resources, visiting rules and regulations.
For specific visiting regulations, including clothing appropriate for visiting an inmate, visit this link.For customized driving directions, visit this link.
- Visitation Home
- Facility Locations
- CA Out-of-State Facilities
- Community Correctional Facilities
- Juvenile Facilities (DJJ)
- Printable Maps of California's Correctional Facilities
- Get on the Bus
- Inmate Visiting Guidelines - includes Mail and Telephone calls (pdf)
- Juvenile Visitor Guidelines
- Visitor Processing Appointment Scheduling System (VPASS)