California State Prison, Solano (SOL)
Gary Swarthout, |
PIA: Book Bindery, Laundry, Metal Fabrication, and Optical.
Vocational: Carpentry, Fiber Optics (electronics), Masonry,Building Maintenance ,Mill and Cabinetry, Office Services and Related Technology (OSRT), Plumbing,Computer Literacy, Residential Electrical, and Welding.
- Academic: Adult Basic Education,GED,
- Substance Abuse Program (SAP)
- Inmate Leisure Time Activity Groups (ILTAG) Programs: Alcoholics Anonymous (AA), Al-anon, Alternatives to Violence Project (AVP)-Reinforcement, Alternatives to Violence Project (AVP)-Workshops (Basic, Advanced, T4F), Narcotics Anonymous (NA), Pop Tops for Ronald McDonald House Charities, Veteran's Re-Entry Preparation, Youth Diversion Prisoners’ Outreach Program (POP).
- Inmate Self-Help Programs: Artists Serving Humanity (ASH), A Step Closer, Book Club Discussion Group, Celebrate Recovery, Creative Conflict Resolution, Entrepreneurship, Financial Responsibility, Gavel Club (Toastmasters), Going for the Gold, Great Dads, HIRE, In-Building Self-Help Programs, Katargeo, Kingdom Living, Kingdom of Inheritance, Leadership Training, Men of Purpose, Music Innovators, Parenting, Passport to Purpose, Passport to Purpose Alumni, Pre-Release, Purpose Driven Life - 40 Days of Purpose, Self-Esteem by God's Design, Self-Help Book Group, Solano CARES (Compassion, Accountability and Remorse Expressed through community Service), Solano County Child Support Services, Tawheed/Changing Faces, The Urban Ministry Institute (TUMI), Victim Offender, Yoga.
- Religious Groups: Apostolic, Asatru/Odinism, Assembly of God, Buddhist, Catholic, Christian, Druid, Episcopal, Hawaiian/Polynesian, Islam, Jehovah’s Witness, Jewish, Latter Day Saints, Nation of Islam, Native American, Protestant, Rastafarian, Seventh Day Adventist, Sikh, Wicca, Yahweh Messianist
- Other: Special Events, Motivational Seminars.
Family Unification – Friends Outside Visitor Center:Pursuant to Penal Code 6352, CDCR is mandated to provide through a contact with a non-profit agency (Friends Outside) an on-site visitor center. The Friends Outside visitor center, called the Friendship House, provided inmate family members assistance with a sheltered area for visitors who are waiting before and after visits, appropriate attire via a clothing exchange, childcare during visiting hours for visitors’ children, assistance with transportation between public transit terminals and the institution, information on visiting regulations and processes, and referrals to other agencies and services.
Family Unification – Family Liaison Services (FLS):CDCR FLS provides contract staff who will offer personal services to inmates and liaison services between inmates and their families to meet the requirements of Assembly Bill 2848 (AB 2848). The purpose is to alleviate inmate anxiety during incarceration and to promote family unity and reunification to increase the number of parole successes, reduce recidivism and enhance public safety. The Family Liaison Services Specialist also offers Parenting and Creative Conflict Resolution workshops for inmates. The responsibility of the FLS staff is to facilitate successful parole through the provision of personal services regarding family and personal issues by accomplishing the following objectives:
- Increase direct communication between inmates and their families
- Increase the number of visits between inmates and their families
- Increase the number of contacts between institutional staff and the families of inmates
- Locate relatives with whom an inmate has lost contact
- Visitation Home
- Facility Locations
- CA Out-of-State Facilities
- Community Correctional Facilities
- Juvenile Facilities (DJJ)
- Printable Maps of California's Correctional Facilities
- Get on the Bus/Chowchilla Family Express
- Inmate Visiting Guidelines - includes Mail and Telephone calls (pdf)
- Juvenile Visitor Guidelines
- Visitor Processing Appointment Scheduling System (VPASS)