California State Prison, Solano (SOL)
| Eric Arnold, |
3 Ways of Sending Money to Inmates
- Lock Box: A no fee service with a shorter hold time for sending money via money order, personal check, or cashier’s checks.
- EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer): A paid service, this is the fastest option with funds posted to inmate’s account within 1 to 3 days.
- Mail funds directly to the institution: Never a fee. All funds except Certified Funds are subject to a 30 day hold.
Visiting Hours and Directions
Visiting is on Saturday and Sunday from 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Vistor processing ends at 1:45 each visiting day. Contact visit appointments are from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon. Walk-ins are from 9:30 a.m. to 1:45 p.m., but we don't start processing walk-ins until after the 10:00 a.m. appointments.
Non-contact 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. by appointment only.
More information may be obtained by calling the 800 number listed below.
Visiting is allowed on the following Holidays: New Year's Day, Independence Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas.
For visiting information regarding rules, dress code, program changes, and allowable items, visitors should call 1-800-374-8474. Visitors and attorneys may also call the CSP-Solano Visiting Department at (707) 451-0182, ext. 3266, 5752, or 5703.
Visitor Processing Appointment Scheduling System (VPASS) Information:
California State Prison, Solano (SOL) is participating in the VPASS program. VPASS is an on-line program used to schedule appointments for visitor processing (contact visits only). New appointment times for SOL become available each Sunday at 8 p.m. For more information about VPASS go to CDCR Visitation. In the event the VPASS appointments are full SOLís non-appointment/walk-up time is 9:30 a.m. to enter the grounds and will be processed as time permits.
A CDCR funded Visitor Center is at the institution operated by a community-based organization under contract to CDCR. The Visitor Center provides visiting assistance to family members and friends including a sheltered place to wait before and after visits, transportation to and from local transit terminals, childcare, clothing appropriate for visits on loan, and information about local resources, visiting rules and regulations.
For directions to CSP-Solano, visit this link to customize your driving directions.
Message from the Statewide Inmate Family Council:
Local Inmate Family Councils (IFC's) are a gathering of family and friends of the incarcerated who meet regularly with Wardens to support visiting since keeping strong family connections with loved ones is a powerful rehabilitative tool. These IFC's promote visiting by clarifying rules and regulations as well as discussing health, education, vocational training, packages, books, and related issues. For more information on connecting with a local IFC, please visit the Statewide IFC website.
- Visitation Home
- Facility Locations
- CA Out-of-State Facilities
- Community Correctional Facilities
- Juvenile Facilities (DJJ)
- Printable Maps of California's Correctional Facilities
- Get on the Bus
- Inmate Visiting Guidelines - includes Mail and Telephone calls (pdf)
- Juvenile Visitor Guidelines
- Visitor Processing Appointment Scheduling System (VPASS)