Infill Construction Projects
Objectives of Infill Construction Projects
- Meet the goals of the CDCR plan, “The Future of California Corrections” (also known as the CDCR Blueprint), to improve state correctional facility operations.
- Use vacant/underutilized property within the prisons for the construction of much-needed secure Level II correctional facilities.
- Use existing staff resources and capacity of prison infrastructure within the prisons to minimize the cost of operating additional level II correctional facilities.
- Allow CDCR to meet legislative mandates set forth in Senate Bill 1022.
- Reduce costs by replacing facilities that are outdated, have infrastructure deficiencies, and are costly to operate.
Construction anticipated to begin in Spring, 2014
Estimated completion in Spring, 2016
In accordance with provisions of the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) the Department is distributing a Notice of Preparation (NOP) to solicit comments on the scope of an Environmental Impact Report (EIR) for construction
Opportunities for Public Comment
Interested individuals, groups, and agencies may provide CDCR with written comments on topics to be addressed in the EIR for the project.