Division of Adult Parole Operations
The parole system provides specific levels of service to the parolee based on protection of the community and the parolee's individual needs. Initial supervision and support is intensive. As the parolee demonstrates the ability to successfully reintegrate into the community, supervision and support levels may be reduced. Immediately prior to release on parole, a parolee will be assessed and assigned to one of the following levels of support and supervision:
- Intensive Re-entry Supervision and related services - designed to provide enhanced supervision and support services during the critical transition period from institution to community living.
- Regular Re-entry Supervision and related services - designed for those parolees that require the enhanced services for a shorter period of time.
- Specialized Caseloads - to provide concentrated, intensive services to parolees with special needs, e.g., severe substance abuse, sex offenders, those with mental health problems, those requiring specialized placement and/or parolees heavily involved in gang activity.
- Case Management Supervision - parolees are transitioned to this level when they have demonstrated the ability to function in the community with reduced supervision and services.
- Electronically Enhanced Supervision - at any time a parolee's supervision may be more highly-structured with the use of a 24-hour electronic monitoring device.
- Subsistence and Personal Care Services - services include but are no limited to out-of-home placement, cash, clothing and transportation assistance, counseling, parenting education and other essential support services.
- Volunteers in Parole (VIP) - the Parole Services and Community Corrections Branch contracts with the California State Bar Association to provide volunteer attorneys who serve as mentors to parolees.
Division of Adult Parole Operations Links
- 2011 Public Safety Realignment - DAPO Informational Overview
- 5 Year Road Map
- California Parole Apprehension Teams (CPAT)
- Lifer Parole Process
- Non-Revocable Parole
- Parole Requirements
- Parole Services
- Parolee Conditions
- Parole Museum
- Parolee On-Line Handbook
- Parolee Restitution Payment Instructions
- Restitution Responsibilities, Information for Adult Offenders
- Sex Offender Facts & Figures
- Sex Offender Management Board
- State Authorized Risk Assessment Tool for Sex Offenders (SARATSO) Committee
- Parole Blog or