Division of Adult Parole Operations (DAPO)

Parolee Information Handbook - Pg. 21


parole agent.  Parolees are required to repay any loan they get.



There are two kinds of Social Security benefits - Social Security and Supplemental Security Income.  To get Social Security benefits, you must have worked and paid taxes.  You can put in for it if:

  • You are no longer working, and you are age 62 or older.
  • You are a survivor of someone who can get Social Security.
  • You were supported by someone who had Social Security.
  • You cannot get Social Security while you are in jail or prison for a felony that happened after October of 1980.
  • If you think you should be able to get it, ask your parole agent for the nearest Social Security office


This program is for disabled people. You may be able to get it if:

  • You are age 65 or older, blind, totally physically or mentally disabled (must have medical proof).
  • You are a US citizen or a legal alien.
  • You do not have to have worked before to get Supplemental Security Income.
  • You cannot get Supplemental Security Income while you are in jail or prison.
  • You cannot get back pay while you were in prison.

Page 20 | Page 22