Offender Information Reports
California Prisoners & Parolees (Annual)
A compendium of tables, graphs and charts detailing the inmate and parole populations supervised by the California Department of Corrections.
CDCR Annual Reports
A collection of data about the Department, inmates, parolees and more.
A report on the status of offender DNA collection pursuant to California Proposition 69 (2004).
A biannual update for the calendar year of the number of felons admitted to state prison with at least one upper term sentence pursuant to the Supreme Court decision in Cunningham v. California.
Various reports delineating the inmate and parole populations including age, ethnicity and type of offense.
- Characteristics of Felon Admissions to Prison
- Characteristics of Inmate Population (Semi-Annual)
- Second and Third Strike Inmate Population (Quarterly)
- Characteristics of Felon Parolee Population
- Characteristics of Parole Population (Semi-Annual)
The percentage of felons released to parole in California during a particular period who are returned to prison for any reason during a specific follow-up period.
- Two Year Follow-up Period by Commitment Offense
- Three Year Follow-up Period by Commitment Offense
- One, Two, and Three Year Follow-up by County
An annual report of changes over a 20-year period in the California Department of Corrections prison and parole systems.
Reports on inmate incidents and escapes.
- Inmate Incidents in Institution (Due to restructuring of the incident database, this report has been suspended, until such time as a new incident report can be created.)
- Employees Killed by Inmates
Numerous reports and information on capital punishment and inmates on death row in California.
A calendar year report of total movements into and out of each institution by various movement categories for felons, civil narcotic addicts, county diagnostic cases and others.
A calendar year report of the average daily prison population by type of commitment, institution and current and previous quarters.
A calendar year report of felons first released and re-released to California Department of Corrections parole supervision, by Region and County of Parole.
A calendar year report of the number and rate of felons returned to prison from California Department of Corrections parole supervision.
A calendar year report of parole violators returned to custody by principal charge category and average revocation time assessed and served. (Due to problems with the Revocation Scheduling and Tracking System this report has been suspended indefinitely.)
A calendar year report of the mean and median time served in prison for felons/civil narcotic addicts first released to parole, by offense.
- Time Served in Prison by Felons
- Time Served in Prison by Civil Narcotic Addicts
Obtaining Additional Information:
For information regarding contacting an inmate, please go to: How to Contact an Inmate.
To contact the Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation for other types of information, please go to: Contact CDCR.
For questions pertaining to CDCR adult population statistical reports only, please contact the Data Analysis Unit at: Data Analysis Unit Contact Form.
NOTE: Some of these pages are in .pdf format and require Adobe Acrobat Reader software to view. Visit the Adobe website to obtain free Adobe Acrobat Reader software.
Reports & Research
- Annual Reports
- Office of Research
- Offender Information Services Branch (OISB)
- Adult Research Branch (ARB) Reports
- Juvenile Justice (DJJ) Research & Statistics
- Population Reports
- Offender Information Reports
- BOPH Case Load Statistics
- Environmental Documents
Office of Research
1515 S Street
Sacramento, CA 95811-7243
Phone: (916) 445-1310
FAX: (916) 323-2998