Visitation InformationMake an Appointment
to Visit Inmate
The intent of the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation’s (CDCR) Visiting Program is to develop and maintain healthy family and community relationships.
The CDCR oversees the incarceration of both adult and juvenile offenders, as well as providing parolee services to adult and juvenile offenders.
This page is intended to assist the general public in locating, contacting, visiting, and corresponding with inmates and juveniles who are in CDCR institutions.
Visiting in CDCR facilities must be conducted in a manner in keeping with the need to maintain order, the safety of persons, the security of the facility, and the requirements of institutional activities and operations. Failure to comply with the established regulations and policies may result in a warning or termination, suspension, or revocation of visiting privileges. The CDCR Inmate Visiting Guidelines help ensure the safety and security of staff, visitors, and inmates.
Using the Visitor Processing Appointment Scheduling System (VPASS):
- Video demo of VPASS (English) - (Spanish)
- Video demo of VPASS Account Activation
- Video demo of VPASS Forgotten Password Instructions
- Video demo of VPASS Edit and Cancel Appointment Instructions
- VPASS Informational Bulletin (English) - (Spanish)
- VPASS Frequently Asked Questions
Locate an inmate at an institution:
- Find an Inmate
- List of Adult Facilities and Locations
- List of California Out-of-State Facilities
- List of Community Correctional Facilities
- List of Juvenile Facilities
These guidelines are full of helpful information about visiting.
Parent Toolkit features:
- Visitation Home
- Facility Locations
- CA Out-of-State Facilities
- Community Correctional Facilities
- Juvenile Facilities (DJJ)
- Printable Maps of California's Correctional Facilities
- Get on the Bus
- Inmate Visiting Guidelines - includes Mail and Telephone calls (pdf)
- Juvenile Visitor Guidelines
- Visitor Processing Appointment Scheduling System (VPASS)