Identification Unit / Inmate Locator
To locate an offender within the jurisdiction of the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation you can use the inmate locator application or call the Identification Unit at (916) 445-6713.
You must provide:
- the full name and the month,
- day and year of birth or
- CDC identification number for the subject of your inquiry.
This unit can only provide you with the current location and CDC identification number for the offender. The Identification Unit does not have and will not provide any future release date information. This service is available only Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. excluding state holidays. You may also fax your inquiry to the Identification Unit at (916) 322-0500.
Please note that information for offenders recently admitted into or transferred between state prisons may not be available for 7 business days.
- Visitation Home
- Facility Locations
- CA Out-of-State Facilities
- Community Correctional Facilities
- Juvenile Facilities (DJJ)
- Printable Maps of California's Correctional Facilities
- Get on the Bus
- Inmate Visiting Guidelines - includes Mail and Telephone calls (pdf)
- Juvenile Visitor Guidelines
- Visitor Processing Appointment Scheduling System (VPASS)