Through extensive community partnerships, innovative community supervision and a commitment to rehabilitation, CDCR is helping offenders succeed as they return to their communities. Comprehensive pre- and post-release rehabilitative programs and services are offered in communities throughout California delivered through alternative custody, residential, outpatient and drop-in centers.
Live-in programs for offenders serving the last part of their sentence in community programs in lieu of confinement in state prison provide links to community rehabilitative services and programs focused on skills such as Substance Use Disorder Treatment (SUDT), education, housing, family reunification, vocational training and employment services.
- Alternative Custody Program (ACP)
- Community Prisoner Mother Program (CPMP)
- Custody to Community Transitional Reentry Program (CCTRP)
- Male Community Reentry Program (MCRP)
Residential programs for parolees are offered throughout the state. All provide residency and support services to parolees including SUDT, Cognitive Behavioral Therapies, life skills, employment, education and transitional housing.
- Female Offender Treatment and Employment Program (FOTEP)
- Parolee Service Center (PSC)
- Specialized Treatment for Optimized Programming (STOP)
- Transitional Housing Program (THP)
Outpatient and drop-in programs for parolees provide support in employment assistance and placement, relationships, Cognitive Behavioral Therapies, education, housing and vocational training.