The CDPH Injury and Violence Prevention Branch’s California Violent Death Reporting System (CalVDRS) Project has released four new injury data briefs and an infographic on suicide, homicide, firearm-related deaths, and violent deaths involving multiple victims using data from 2019. These briefs summarize vital statistics data in addition to other CalVDRS data including coroner/medical examiner and law enforcement reports to identify trends and circumstances in violent deaths in California. These documents can be accessed by clicking on the titles below:
- Fact Sheet: Homicide in California, 2019 (PDF)
- Fact Sheet: Monitoring Firearm-Related Deaths in California, 2019 (PDF)
- Fact Sheet: Suicide in California, 2019 (PDF)
- Fact Sheet: Violent Deaths Involving Multiple Victims in California, 2019 (PDF)
- Infographic: Suicide in California, 2019 (PDF)
These resources were developed to inform and support continuing dialogue around opportunities for preventing violence in California. They are intended to serve as a resource for local health departments and other stakeholders.