Bargaining Unit (BU) 6 California Department of Public Health (CDPH) Vaccination Order Compliance
The purpose of this communication is to announce an update to the memo Staff COVID‑19 Vaccine Non‑Compliance Accountability Process for Institution and Facility Staff Regarding Public Health Order Dated August 19, 2021. The injunction in Kern County challenging the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) vaccination public health order for Bargaining Unit (BU) 6 staff was denied on 10/22/21.Timeframes for compliance for BU 6 have been modified due to the injunction and are noted below.
- BU 6 staff are required to show evidence of full vaccination for COVID-19 by November 24, 2021.
- Staff opting for Moderna’s two‐dose vaccine shall obtain their first dose by October 27, 2021. The latest date the second dose of the two-dose Moderna vaccine shall be received is November 24, 2021.
- Staff opting for Pfizer’s two‐dose vaccine shall obtain their first dose by November 3, 2021. The latest date the second of the two-dose Pfizer vaccine shall be received is November 24, 2021.
- Staff opting for a single‐dose Johnson and Johnson (J&J) vaccine shall obtain their full dose by November 24, 2021.
|BU 6 Timeline|
|Show Evidence of Vaccine by:||11/24/2021|
|1st shot of Pfizer by:||11/3/2021|
|1st shot of Moderna by:||10/27/2021|
|2nd shot of Pfizer by:||11/24/2021|
|2nd shot of Moderna by:||11/24/2021|
|Complete J&J by:||11/24/2021|
|Vaccine Requirement Form by:||11/17/2021|
- On and after November 29, 2021, non‐compliant BU 6 staff who have neither requested nor been provided accommodation for a sincerely held religious belief or qualifying medical reason(s) shall be subject to corrective and adverse action in accordance with the Department Operations Manual (DOM), Chapter 3, Article 22, Employee Discipline, Section 33030.8, et seq.
- Requests for religious or reasonable medical accommodation should be submitted on or before November 19, 2021, for timely processing. If the accommodation is denied, the worker has 14 calendar days to initiate a vaccination.
- All BU 6 staff impacted by the August 19, 2021, CDPH order shall complete and submit to their respective hiring authority the CDCR/CCHCS COVID‐19 Vaccination Requirement Form by November 17, 2021.
- Additionally, effective November 1, 2021, all unvaccinated and partially vaccinated BU 6 employees, including those with a pending or approved religious or reasonable medical accommodation request, shall wear an N95 mask at all times while working in a post identified in the CDPH order as mandating vaccination and test twice weekly, except when outdoors or when eating/drinking if a minimum of six feet of physical distance is maintained until they comply with the order.
- We ask that Hiring Authorities continue to follow the expectations related to progressive discipline for staff non‐compliance as outlined in the October 4, 2021, memorandum using the new timelines outlined above.