Below are links where voluntary COVID-19 testing can be scheduled in the counties where prisons are located and the surrounding counties where employees may live.
This list is for informational purposes only and is intended to continue to provide staff with COVID-19-related education, information and resources.
Staff should ask at the time of scheduling a COVID test if there is a cost associated with test. Testing fees are not reimbursable. Staff can also call their health care provider as an additional option for COVID testing.
As a reminder, be sure to follow face barrier, Personal Protective Equipment, and physical distancing procedures.
State of California
- Those who live in Coachella Valley, Indio, Lake Elsinore, Blythe, or Perris must call 800-945-6171.
- Online bookings can only be made by county residents who live within 50 miles of the city of Riverside at projectbaseline.com/COVID-19 or call (800) 945-6171.
- Calling the 800-number takes about 15 minutes in total, between a likely 10-minute hold and a five-minute conversation.
San Bernardino County
Testing Locations Week of April 27 and May 4, 2020
- Monday through Friday – Arrowhead Regional Medical Center – 400 N. Pepper Ave., Colton; 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Appointment only, call (855) 422-8029
- Monday through Friday – SAC Health Systems (Inland Empire Health Plan members only) – 250 South G St., San Bernardino; 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Appointment only, call (909) 771-2911
- Visit the San Bernardino County COVID-19 Testing Webpage
Beginning April 30, at all testing locations, people age 65 and older as well as health care or public safety workers can get tested even if they are not experiencing any symptoms. This is in addition to residents who are experiencing at least one COVID-19 symptom (fever, cough or shortness of breath).
Forthcoming testing location dates can be found here.
Testing is currently available in Kern County and there are no current shortages in testing supplies or availability. Currently 10 out of 10 acute care hospitals in Kern County are testing for COVID-19. Additionally:
- Accelerated Urgent Care offers drive-through testing at their Coffee Road location: https://acceleratedurgentcare.com/covid-19/
- Priority Urgent Care offers testing in a tent: https://priority661.com/coronavirus-covid-19-information.html
- Omni has testing available at all clinic locations as well as drive-through testing at all locations: (661) 336-4585
- Ridgecrest Regional Hospital has a drive-through testing site and offers text appointments for COVID-19 screening and testing.
- If you feel you meet the criteria for screening, text the word SCREENING to (833) RRH-4YOU (833-774-4968). The nursing triage calls the patient back and conducts screening/assessment via phone. If the patient meets the screening criteria, an appointment is scheduled for the drive-thru testing process.
- Xpress Urgent Care: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Testing For First Responders – chat feature available 24/7 to schedule a COVID-19 test
- Costa Mesa: (949) 548-8400
- Tustin: (714) 243-5450
- Stanton: (714) 698-4902
- Huntington Beach: (714) 867-7900
- Visit XUrgentCare for more information
- Memorial Care: Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Community residents with a physician’s order as a result of a COVID-19 phone screening can be tested. Appointments only, (877) MYMEMCARE (696-3622). A physician order is required before calling to schedule your appointment.
- Visit Memorial Care for more information.
- Alta Med: https://www.altamed.org/coronavirus#2919 or (888) 499-9303
Information on the CDC testing criteria and a Symptom Self Check Tool can be found on the CDC website.