Chamberlain Creek Camp #17
15800 HWY 20, Fort Bragg, CA. 95437
2020 Camp Statistics
CDCR Staff: 9
Total number of inmates: 51
Total inmate capacity: 100
CAL FIRE Special Order Cabinet Shop – Plaques, Signs, Cabinets, Desks.
Community Service Projects
- City of Ukiah CA Creek Project
- Jackson Demonstration State Forest Road 200 Bridge Project
- Fire Prevention (fuel reduction) Brookstrails community services, Willits
- Fire prevention (fuel reduction) Lake Sonoma Recreation Park
- City of Willits, CA Annual Thanksgiving Dinner (Community of Willits)
- Annual Victims of Crime Hobby Craft Sale
- City of Ukiah CA Annual Collection/Distribution Christmas Toy Program
- Seasonal collection of Redwood Seeds project
Chamberlain Creek was opened on June 8, 1959. CDCR and CAL FIRE jointly operate the camp. The camp’s primary mission is to provide fire crews for fire suppression. Additionally, the inmates provide a workforce for conservation and community service projects in the local area.
Inmates may participate in hobby craft, basketball, horse shoes, billiards, ping pong, foosball, weight room, reading or other activities. In order to seek higher education, inmates are afforded the opportunity to register in classes provided by Coastline Community College. Spiritual and religious services are provided by community volunteers of various denominations. Narcotics Anonymous/Alcoholics Anonymous groups are provided to the inmate population by local volunteer groups to promote a substance abuse-free lifestyle for its membership through peer support and use of the AA 12-step program.