Parole agents from CDCR’s Capitol District took part in two National Night Out events in early August.
The Sacramento area events also featured the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department, Sacramento County Probation, California Highway Patrol, Sacramento County District Attorney’s Office, Sacramento Fire Department and the Los Rios Community College Police Department.
Parole agents attended Supervisor Serna’s National Night Out held at Jack Davis Park in the Oak Park Community as well as the South Land Park National Night Out held at the Alice Birney Elementary School.
The event provided the community entertainment, dancing, food and kid activities such as bouncy houses, basketball, coloring, water games and face painting.
Capitol District Agents were able to interact with the Sacramento Community in a positive light which strengthens and builds rapport and trust between law enforcement and the community. Our agents were able to talk with community members about parole and our role in the community.
Agents also participated in blowing bubbles with kids and even helping them climb down from the play area. Positive relationships were established with our community members and our agents throughout the evening. Some new relationships were established and some existing ones were built upon.
Not only did the community members have a great time during this event, so did the Capitol District agents.
National Night Out is an event that shows our community parole is more than just an agent who supervises parolees, they too are a community member and can be trusted.
Participating parole staff included:
- Michelle Lewis, Capitol District Parole Administrator
- Tracy Master, Parole Agent I
- Yolanda Ayala, Parole Agent I
- Luis Hermosillo, Parole Agent I
- Bianca Ramos, Parole Agent I
- Myisha Milsap, Parole Agent I
- Demario Johnson, Parole Agent I
- Jeremy Hamilton, Parole Agent I
- Ryan Murphy, Parole Agent I
- Amy Sugapong, Parole Agent I
- Clint Cooley, Parole Agent II Supervisor
- Antonio Torres, Parole Agent II Supervisor
- Anthony Quintana, Parole Agent II
- Roger Gold, Parole Agent III