This week the federal government launched www.covidtests.gov, a website allowing individuals to order free at-home COVID-19 antigen tests delivered directly to one’s home.
Here is what we know about the federal effort:
- Individuals are able to order online at www.covidtests.gov
- Every home in U.S. can order four free at-home COVID-19 tests
- Tests are free and will be shipped by the U.S. Postal Services
- Tests should arrive within 7-12 days from order.
Learn more about current COVID-19 statistics in California.
If you need a COVID-19 test now, please see other testing resources for free testing locations in your area.
ABOUT THE AT-HOME COVID-19 TESTS
The tests available for order:
- Are rapid antigen at-home tests, not PCR
- Can be taken anywhere
- Give results within 30 minutes (no lab drop-off required)
- Work whether or not you have COVID-19 symptoms
- Work whether or not you are up to date on your COVID-19 vaccines
- Are also referred to as self-tests or over-the-counter (OTC) tests