2023 Special Olympics Polar Plunge
It’s time to make a splash – the 2023 Special Olympics Polar Plunge is right around the corner.
This year’s theme is “Super Heroes” – and CDCR/CCHCS is full of those. Show your support to the Special Olympics and either join an existing team or grab friends/co-workers and create your own.
Current CDCR/CCHCS Teams & Registration/Donation Links:
- Feb. 25 (completed but can still donate): Sierra Conservation Center
- March 18, Millerton Lake, Fresno County: Avenal State Prison
- March 11, Folsom Lake, Browns Raven, Sacramento County:
If you’d like to start your own team or learn more about the Polar Plunge or Special Olympics, please visit the links below.
- Northern California Special Olympics Information/Registration
- Southern California Special Olympics Information/Registration
If you have a Polar Plunge team, please send your team registration/donation link to Lifeline@cdcr.ca.gov and we’ll add it to the list. Also, please send any pictures you take at the event to OPEC@cdcr.ca.gov or Lifeline@cdcr.ca.gov so we can share with all staff.
All proceeds benefit Special Olympics California which provides sports, education, leadership and health programs to children and adults with intellectual disabilities. CDCR/CCHCS is a continued supporter and partner with Special Olympics.
See more community involvement stories.