The Background Investigation Unit is currently using a computer based software solution called the Electronic Statement of Personal History (eSOPH). All applicants will create and submit all required documents via eSOPH, required documents are:
- Certified United States Birth Certificate or Original Naturalization Certificate
- Social Security Card
- Documents reflecting any name changes from your Birth Certificate. For example, marriage certificate, divorce decrees, court adoption documents, etc.
- Current/valid automobile insurance card.
- If you served in the Military, provide a copy of your DD-214, Military Discharge documents (Member 4, long form).
- Certified and Sealed High School Transcripts or Certified proof of GED or passing California High School Proficiency exam
- Certified and Sealed College Transcripts from any colleges or universities attended.
- Professional License or Credential (if applicable to position)