Cognitive Behavioral Interventions for Sex Offenders Program
The Cognitive Behavioral Interventions for Sex Offenders (CBI-SO) Program is a pilot program which provides Cognitive Behavioral Treatment programming to address the criminogenic needs of inmates who are required to register pursuant to Penal Code section 290 (PC 290). The focus of CBI-SO Program is to increase public safety by reducing criminal behavior and recidivism for inmates who will be mandated to participate in community-based treatment programs upon release.
CBI-SO Program is only available at the Substance Abuse Treatment Facility.
CBI-SO Program is an eight-month program.
In order to be eligible, inmates must:
- Be within 13-months of their scheduled release date;
- Have a Static 99R score of four or higher;
- Be required to register pursuant to PC 290;
- Be Medium A/B Custody;
- Be Level II/III housing;
- Not be serving a life sentence; and
- Have no active felony hold, warrant, or detainer that may result in additional incarceration.
CBI-SO Program Contact Information