The Division of Rehabilitative Programs (DRP) offers videos providing information about CDCR’s evidence-based rehabilitative programs. The production and development of videos are intended to inform and educate the inmate population and public of available resources.
Featured DRP Video:
This Is DRP
This infographic video will walk you through the inmate rehabilitation process.
DRP Program Videos:
Male Community Reentry Program
The Male Community Reentry Program (MCRP) is designed to assist participants to successfully reenter the community from prison, using community-based, rehabilitative services.
Long-Term Offender Program
The Long-Term Offender Program (LTOP) is a voluntary program that provides evidenced-based treatment programming to inmates who are serving long-term sentences.
Offender Mentor Certification Program
The Offender Mentor Certification Program (OMCP) trains and certifies long-term inmates to assist as mentors in CDCR’s substance use disorder treatment programs.
More DRP Videos:
- The Offender Journey: This easy-to-understand short animation will step you through the inmate rehabilitation process.
- The Importance of Community Reentry Programs: Learn more about the programs and services available to help inmates reintegrate successfully into society upon release.
- CDCR Needs Assessment: CDCR’s COMPAS risk-needs assessment determines inmates’ criminogenic needs, and helps place them into the right program at the right time.
- What Works in Reducing Recidivism: Noted correctional program expert Ed Latessa from the University of Cincinnati provides insight on what works and what does not work in reducing recidivism.
Additional CDCR Videos:
- SCC Auto Body: Inmates at Sierra Conservation Center (SCC) learn auto body repair and detailing skills that are designed to give them a better future after prison.
- CIW Pathways To Hope: This video tells the story of three dogs, all of which were pulled from the shelter and saved from euthanization. Female inmates at California Institution for Women (CIW) train and transform the animals into service dogs for autistic children.
- DVI HVAC Program: Inmates at Deuel Vocational Institution (DVI) are enrolled in the heating, ventilation, and air-condition (HVAC) program, have asked themselves where their future is headed and now have a clear path to success at their fingertips.
- FSP Vocational Welding: Inmates at Folsom State Prison (FSP) learn welding skills to meet the national demand for welders. They earn nationally recognized certifications while preparing to enter the workforce upon their release.
Additional videos can be found on the CDCR YouTube Channel.