Welcome to Richard A. McGee Correctional Training Center
The following information below is to assist you with any questions you may have while visiting the Office of Training and Professional Development at the Correctional Training Center as a cadet, guest of a cadet, or member of the general public.
- Parking is free. Staff will be directing traffic upon entrance to the facility.
- Please park only in designated spaces.
- The posted speed limit is 15 mph.
- Please plan to arrive early. Traffic will likely be heavy and parking and security checks may result in delays getting to your destination. There may be extensive walking required. Please make sure to consider this when bringing elderly or infirm guests to the Academy.
- The Academy does not issue handicapped or special parking passes, so please bring your own handicapped placard.
Director’s Rules and CTC Rules and Regulations
While at CTC, guests are expected to be in compliance with the Director’s Rules and CTC rules and regulations listed below:
- It is unlawful to bring firearms, ammunition, knives, chemical agents, projectiles,
drugs, or alcohol of any kind on grounds. Alcohol, weapons, and/or ammunition are
not to be left unattended in vehicles.
- Peace officer status employees and others authorized to carry firearms must place
them in a gun locker provided in the Watch Office upon arrival.
- Blue denim is not permitted on grounds at any time.
- Camouflage attire is only permitted when worn by an individual on active duty or in an official capacity.
- Pursuant to State and departmental policy, tobacco products, (i.e., cigarettes, cigars,
and “chew”) are not allowed on Academy grounds unless they are secured in your
- Tobacco products may be used from 1700 through 0600 hours, and on the weekends, as long as inmate workers are not on Academy grounds and only in the designated smoking area, which is located at the southwest corner of the Academy, near the water tanks.
- Also not allowed on grounds: bicycles, skateboards, roller skates, etc., and pets except for authorized service dogs
- Persons entering or exiting the Academy grounds must use the Administration Building
foyer daily as the main point of entrance to or exit from the Academy. Training
participants must sign in and sign out in the CTC logbook located in the foyer for
accountability and emergency notification purposes.
- In order to avoid security delays, refrain from bringing large bags, coolers, backpacks,
or other items that will require additional scrutiny or searches from security personnel.
- Anyone observing suspicious behavior or activity is urged to promptly report it.
REMEMBER, IF YOU SEE SOMETHING, SAY SOMETHING!
- If you have a medical, fire, or police emergency, please call 911 immediately.
Items available for sale include beverages, snacks, health and beauty aids, and novelty items.
The Academy Store is located next to the west parking lot and is open to the public on
Lost and Found
If you have lost or found an item, please notify the Watch office at the number listed above.
Items will be logged in and stored in an office vault for 30 days. Items not claimed within 30
days will be turned over to the property officer for disposal.
Richard A. McGee Correctional Training Center (CTC)
9850 Twin Cities Road, Galt, CA 95632 (View in Google Maps)
From Highway 99
Approximately 1 mile west of Highway 99. Take Hwy-104/Twin Cities Road exit.
From Interstate 5
Approximately 9 miles east of Interstate 5. Take Hwy-104/Twin Cities Road exit.
(209) 744-5000 (24/7 Hours)