Calipatria State Prison (CAL)
Contact & Visiting Information
- 7018 Blair Road, Calipatria, CA 92233
- Institution: P.O. Box 5001, Calipatria, CA 92233-5001
- Legal Mail: PO Box 5002, Calipatria, CA 92233-5002
- Inmates (include Inmate's Name and CDCR number):
- Facility A, P.O. Box 5004, Calipatria, CA. 92233-5004
- Facility B, P.O. Box 5005, Calipatria, CA. 92233-5005
- Facility C, P.O. Box 5006, Calipatria, CA. 92233-5006
- Facility D, P.O. Box 5007, Calipatria, CA. 92233-5007
- MSF/FH/ASU, P.O. Box 5008, Calipatria, CA. 92233-5008
- Inmate Funds, P.O. Box 5003, Calipatria, CA. 92233-5003
- Institution Phone Number 1-760-348-7000 Ext. 5716
- Visitor Information Line 1-800-374-8474
- General Population VPASS System
- AD-SEG/ASU Telephonic Only-Wednesday, From 0800 AM - 1200 PM OR Until Fully Booked direct line 760-348-4670.
Visiting Hours and Directions
Saturdays, Sundays and Designated Holidays* from 8:30 a.m. to 2:45 p.m.
* New Year's Day, Independence Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas
A CDCR funded Visitor Center is at the institution operated by a community-based organization under contract to CDCR. The Visitor Center provides visiting assistance to family members and friends including a sheltered place to wait before and after visits, transportation to and from local transit terminals, childcare, clothing appropriate for visits on loan, and information about local resources, visiting rules and regulations. Visit this link to customize your driving directions.
Statewide Inmate Family Council Message:
Local Inmate Family Councils (IFC's) are a gathering of family and friends of the incarcerated who meet regularly with Wardens to support visiting since keeping strong family connections with loved ones is a powerful rehabilitative tool. These IFC's promote visiting by clarifying rules and regulations as well as discussing health, education, vocational training, packages, books, and related issues. For more information on connecting with a local IFC, please visit the Statewide IFC website.
About Calipatria State Prison
The primary mission of Calipatria State Prison (CAL) is to protect the public by providing safe custody, quality health care and the appropriate supervision of sentenced offenders. In conjunction with the Mission, the institution will promote viable work assignments, vocational training, and educational opportunities for offenders in order to foster an environment in which positive changes can occur.
The secondary mission of CAL is to provide meaningful work programs for inmates who do not meet the criteria for assignment to a conservation camp. These assignments include facility maintenance jobs, food service positions and other facility support assignments.
At 184 feet below sea level, Calipatria is at the lowest elevation of any prison in the Western Hemisphere.
About the Ward
Warren L. Montgomery has been warden or acting warden at Calipatria State Prison 2013.
Montgomery served as chief deputy administrator at Ironwood State Prison from 2012 to 2013.
He was associate warden at Chuckawalla Valley State Prison from 2010 to 2012.At Chuckawalla, he held several positions from 1993 to 2010, including correctional captain, lieutenant, health program coordinator, sergeant, senior medical technical assistant and medical assistant.
- Sending Money to an Inmate
- PREA Information
- Inmate Population Reports (Weekly/Monthly)
- COMPSTAT Institution Statistics
- Public Information Officers (PIOs)
- Visitation Home
- Facility Locations
- CA Out-of-State Facilities
- Community Correctional Facilities
- Juvenile Facilities (DJJ)
- Printable Maps of California's Correctional Facilities
- Get on the Bus
- Inmate Visiting Guidelines - includes Mail and Telephone calls (pdf)
- Juvenile Visitor Guidelines
- Visitor Processing Appointment Scheduling System (VPASS)