Central California Women's Facility (CCWF)
Contact & Visiting Information
Main Phone: (559) 665-5531
- 23370 Road 22, Chowchilla, CA 93610
- Institution: P.O. Box 1501, Chowchilla, CA 93610-1501
- Inmates (make sure to include Inmate's Name and CDCR number): P.O. Box 1508, Chowchilla, CA 93610
* If you are experiencing flu like symptoms or are not feeling well, please stay home until you are feeling better. *
Saturdays, Sundays and Designated Holidays* from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
* New Year's Day, Independence Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas
For further information please contact our visiting staff at (559) 665-5531, ext. 7600.
A CDCR funded Visitor Center is at the institution operated by a community-based organization under contract to CDCR. The Visitor Center provides visiting assistance to family members and friends including a sheltered place to wait before and after visits, transportation to and from local transit terminals, childcare, clothing appropriate for visits on loan, and information about local resources, visiting rules and regulations.
Statewide Inmate Family Council Message:
Local Inmate Family Councils (IFC's) are a gathering of family and friends of the incarcerated who meet regularly with Wardens to support visiting since keeping strong family connections with loved ones is a powerful rehabilitative tool. These IFC's promote visiting by clarifying rules and regulations as well as discussing health, education, vocational training, packages, books, and related issues. For more information on connecting with a local IFC, please visit the Statewide IFC website.
- Take Highway 99 South
- Three miles south of Chowchilla to the Avenue 24 exit
- Left on Avenue 24; proceed four miles
- Turn right on Road 22
- First prison on your right
- Take Highway 99 North
- Three miles past Madera
- 20 1/2 exit
- Proceed east for three miles
- First prison on your left
Visit this link to customize your driving directions.
Local Hotel Accommodations:
205 Carlyle Way
Chowchilla Ca. 93610
Hotel Front Desk: (559) 665-8700
Hotel Fax: (559)-665-8705
Hampton Inn & Suites Madera
3254 Airport Drive
Madera Ca. 93637
Hotel Front Desk: (559) 661-0910
Hotel Fax: (559) 661-0929
Holiday Inn Express
2290 Marketplace Dr.
Madera Ca. 93637
Hotel Reservations: 1-800-465-4329
Hotel Front Desk: (559) 661-7400
Hotel Fax: (559) 673-4800
SpringHill Suites by Marriott
1219 East Almond Avenue
Madera Ca. 93637
Hotel Front Desk: (559) 664-9800
Sales Office: (559) 664-9800 x 407
Hotel Fax: (559) 664-9882
About Central California Women's Facility
The primary mission of the Central California Women's Facility (CCWF) is to process, rehabilitate, and incarcerate California's female offenders in a secure, safe, disciplined and ethical institutional setting.
Central California Women's Facility is the largest female institution in the state which is located in Chowchilla, California. CCWF provides inmate academic education, work and vocational training, counseling and specialized programs for the purpose of successful reintegration into society. It provides community service which encourages public awareness and participation.
The facility's specialized mental health and medical services are commensurate with community standards, providing a licensed medical environment while encouraging personal responsibility.
The institution also provides staff resources and training which ensures the highest standards of "Correctional Professionalism."
About the Warden
Deborah K. Johnson has been warden or acting warden at the Central California Women’s Facility since 2011. Johnson has served in numerous positions at CDCR since 1986, including chief deputy warden, associate warden, classification and parole representative, assistant classification and parole representative, correctional counselor, correctional sergeant, correctional sergeant instructor and correctional officer.
- Sending Money to an Inmate
- PREA Information
- Inmate Population Reports (Weekly/Monthly)
- COMPSTAT Institution Statistics
- Public Information Officers (PIOs)
- Visitation Home
- Facility Locations
- CA Out-of-State Facilities
- Community Correctional Facilities
- Juvenile Facilities (DJJ)
- Printable Maps of California's Correctional Facilities
- Get on the Bus
- Inmate Visiting Guidelines - includes Mail and Telephone calls (pdf)
- Juvenile Visitor Guidelines
- Visitor Processing Appointment Scheduling System (VPASS)