California State Prison, Centinela (CEN)
California State Prison, Centinela - Mission Statement
The mission of Centinela State Prison is to provide long-term confinement to men who have been convicted of felonious crimes and remanded to the State of California for incarceration. Inmate productivity and self improvement are considered integral components to Centinela’s overall objective to reduce recidivism among those inmates incarcerated at our institution.
Centinela State Prison attempts to achieve inmate productivity and self improvement by providing legally mandated work and study opportunities for all inmates (AB 1403-Chapter One, Statutes of 1982). This goal is accomplished through the development of support services, academic education, vocational instruction, and the availability of self-help programming.
Centinela also has an Institutional Hearing Program (IHP) which prepares inmates who are illegal immigrants for release back to their native lands through the US Immigration and Naturalization Services.
- Visitation Home
- Facility Locations
- CA Out-of-State Facilities
- Community Correctional Facilities
- Juvenile Facilities (DJJ)
- Printable Maps of California's Correctional Facilities
- Get on the Bus/Chowchilla Family Express
- Inmate Visiting Guidelines - includes Mail and Telephone calls (pdf)
- Juvenile Visitor Guidelines
- Visitor Processing Appointment Scheduling System (VPASS)