California Health Care Facility, Stockton
3 Ways of Sending Money to Inmates
- Lock Box: A no fee service with a shorter hold time for sending money via money order, personal check, or cashier’s checks.
- EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer): A paid service, this is the fastest option with funds posted to inmate’s account within 1 to 3 days.
- Mail funds directly to the institution: Never a fee. All funds except Certified Funds are subject to a 30 day hold.
The California Health Care Facility provides medical care and mental health treatment to inmates who have the most severe and long term needs. The 1.4 million square foot facility is certified to provide intermediate level care and to complement less acute treatment provided in other prisons operated by the Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation.
The 54 building complex is located in South Stockton on the site of the former Karl Holton Youth Correctional Facility. It provides housing and treatment for 1,722 inmate-patients provided by a professional health care staff of 2,500 from CDCR, the Department of State Hospitals and the California Correctional Health Care
California Health Care Facility - Mission Statement
House inmate-patients of all security levels efficiently Provide acute medical and mental health treatment safely and cost effectively Provide opportunities for rehabilitation with programs such as vocational and academic training and substance abuse treatment
- Mission Statement
- Institution Statistics
- Visiting and Directions
- Sending Money to an Inmate
- PREA Information
- Visitation Home
- Facility Locations
- CA Out-of-State Facilities
- Community Correctional Facilities
- Juvenile Facilities (DJJ)
- Printable Maps of California's Correctional Facilities
- Get on the Bus
- Inmate Visiting Guidelines - includes Mail and Telephone calls (pdf)
- Juvenile Visitor Guidelines
- Visitor Processing Appointment Scheduling System (VPASS)