Correctional Training Facility (CTF)
3 Ways of Sending Money to Inmates
- Lock Box: A no fee service with a shorter hold time for sending money via money order, personal check, or cashier’s checks.
- EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer): A paid service, this is the fastest option with funds posted to inmate’s account within 1 to 3 days.
- Mail funds directly to the institution: Never a fee. All funds except Certified Funds are subject to a 30 day hold.
Correctional Training Facility - Mission Statement
The primary mission of the Correctional Training Facility (CTF) is to provide custody, care, treatment, and rehabilitative programs for inmates committed to the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR) by the courts. CTF provides long-term housing and services for minimum and medium custody inmates. As a Re-entry Hub CTF focuses on providing life skills for inmates through Academic and Career Technical Education (CTE) classes taught in our Valley Adult School (VAS), and by work assignments in Prison Industries Authority (PIA), leading to successful re-integration into communities throughout California.
The CTF is a Level I and II, General Population prison consisting to three separate facilities. Facility’s A and B are Level II Sensitive Needs Yard units consisting of four (4) three tier cell block housing units; two (2) man cells, and two (2) Dorms with a total bed capacity of 2800. Facility C is a Level II General Population unit consisting of nine (9) three tier cell block housing units; two (2) man cells with a total bed capacity of 2496. Facility C also consist of an Administrative Segregation Unit, which is a three (3) tier cell block housing unit consisting of one man cells with a total bed capacity of 240. Facility D is a Level I General Population unit consisting of six (6) Dorms with a total bed capacity of 1012. Each facility has an independent dining room, clothing distribution, canteen, medical/dental/mental health services, education, library, chapel, and visiting rooms.
American Correctional Association
Accredited Since August 2013
Fiscal Year 2013/2014 Budget
- Visitation Home
- Facility Locations
- CA Out-of-State Facilities
- Community Correctional Facilities
- Juvenile Facilities (DJJ)
- Printable Maps of California's Correctional Facilities
- Get on the Bus
- Inmate Visiting Guidelines - includes Mail and Telephone calls (pdf)
- Juvenile Visitor Guidelines
- Visitor Processing Appointment Scheduling System (VPASS)