Sending money to an inmate at this institution is changing
Beginning April 1, 2015, this institution will participate in a 60-day pilot program using the Lock Box service. Lock Box allows for incoming inmate monies to be mailed to a secured centralized depository. Upon completion of the pilot program, these institutions will use the Lock Box service for inmate deposits of checks and money orders up to $999.99. Checks and Money Orders in the Amount in of $1,000.00 or more will still be accepted at the institution.
- Send a check or money order (http://offers.jpay.com/california)
- Download the Money Order Deposit Form (PDF)
The process for Electronic Fund Transfers remains unchanged for ALL prisons. Find out more about sending money to inmates.
Chuckawalla Valley State Prison (CVSP)
Kimberly A Seibel,
Chuckawalla Valley State Prison - Mission Statement
The mission of Chuckawalla Valley State Prison (CVSP) is to provide long-term housing and services for male felons classified as medium and low-medium custody inmates. Two of the four Level II Facilities at CVSP are Sensitive Needs Yards. The other two are general population Level II yards. Under State law, the primary purpose of incarceration is punishment, the deterrence of criminal behavior, and the rehabilitation of inmates through education and self-improvement programs.
- Visitation Home
- Facility Locations
- CA Out-of-State Facilities
- Community Correctional Facilities
- Juvenile Facilities (DJJ)
- Printable Maps of California's Correctional Facilities
- Get on the Bus
- Inmate Visiting Guidelines - includes Mail and Telephone calls (pdf)
- Juvenile Visitor Guidelines
- Visitor Processing Appointment Scheduling System (VPASS)