Chuckawalla Valley State Prison (CVSP)
Contact & Visiting Information
Main Phone: (760) 922-5300
- 19025 Wiley's Well Rd., Blythe, CA 92225
- General Mailing: P.O. Box 2289, Blythe, CA 92226
- Inmate Mailing (all facilities): P.O. Box 2349, Blythe, CA 92226
Saturdays, Sundays, and Designated Holidays* from 8:00 a.m. to 2:45 p.m.
* New Year's Day, Independence Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas
Visiting at CVSP is available on weekends and major holidays. Visiting hours are between 8:00 a.m. and 2:45 p.m., with visitor processing beginning at 8:00 a.m. No visitor will be processed after 1:45 p.m.
All adults seeking to visit an inmate shall provide a completed visiting questionnaire and obtain institution/facility approval before coming to visit. It is the inmate's responsibility to forward a visiting questionnaire to any and all prospectve visitors. Inmates in Administrative Segregation Unit (ASU) requires an appointment for visits. ASU visiting appointments are made on a weekly basis. Please contact our visiting staff for ASU appointments and for any further information regarding visiting at (760) 922-5300, ext. 5403; or the CVSP Visiting Hotline at 1 (800) 374-8474.
A CDCR funded Visitor Center is at the institution operated by a community-based organization under contract to CDCR. The Visitor Center provides visiting assistance to family members and friends including a sheltered place to wait before and after visits, transportation to and from local transit terminals, childcare, clothing appropriate for visits on loan, and information about local resources, visiting rules and regulations.
Statewide Inmate Family Council Message:
Local Inmate Family Councils (IFC's) are a gathering of family and friends of the incarcerated who meet regularly with Wardens to support visiting since keeping strong family connections with loved ones is a powerful rehabilitative tool. These IFC's promote visiting by clarifying rules and regulations as well as discussing health, education, vocational training, packages, books, and related issues. For more information on connecting with a local IFC, please visit the Statewide IFC website.
CVSP is located approximately 90 miles east of Palm Springs, off of Interstate 10, next to Ironwood State Prison.
From Los Angeles, CA:
- Travel East on Interstate 10 to Wiley's Well Road.
- Then travel south (right) on Wiley's Wells Road approximately 3 miles.
From Phoenix, AZ:
- Travel West on Interstate 10 to Wiley's Well Road.
- Then travel south (left) on Wiley's Wells Road approximately 3 miles.
For additional information, visit this link to customize your driving directions.
About Chuckawalla Valley State Prison
The mission of Chuckawalla Valley State Prison (CVSP) is to provide long-term housing and services for male felons classified as medium and low-medium custody inmates. Two of the four Level II Facilities at CVSP are Sensitive Needs Yards. The other two are general population Level II yards. Under State law, the primary purpose of incarceration is punishment, the deterrence of criminal behavior, and the rehabilitation of inmates through education and self-improvement programs.
About the Warden
Kimberly A. Seibel has been warden or acting warden at Chuckawalla Valley State Prison since 2015.
Seibel served in several positions at the Richard J. Donovan Correctional Facility from 1999 to 2015, including chief deputy warden, associate warden, captain, lieutenant and sergeant. She was a correctional officer at California Correctional Institution in Tehachapi from 1994 to 1999 and an office assistant at the California State Prison, Sacramento from 1993 to 1994.
- Sending Money to an Inmate
- PREA Information
- Inmate Population Reports (Weekly/Monthly)
- COMPSTAT Institution Statistics
- Public Information Officers (PIOs)
- Visitation Home
- Facility Locations
- CA Out-of-State Facilities
- Community Correctional Facilities
- Juvenile Facilities (DJJ)
- Printable Maps of California's Correctional Facilities
- Get on the Bus
- Inmate Visiting Guidelines - includes Mail and Telephone calls (pdf)
- Juvenile Visitor Guidelines
- Visitor Processing Appointment Scheduling System (VPASS)