California State Prison, Los Angeles County (LAC)
Inmate Mailing Address (by Facility):
Facility A & ASU
Minimum Support Facility
3 Ways of Sending Money to Inmates
- Lock Box: A no fee service with a shorter hold time for sending money via money order, personal check, or cashier’s checks.
- EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer): A paid service, this is the fastest option with funds posted to inmate’s account within 1 to 3 days.
- Mail funds directly to the institution: Never a fee. All funds except Certified Funds are subject to a 30 day hold.
California State Prison, Los Angeles County
John Soto Warden
The California State Prison Los Angeles County (LAC) is a multi-mission institution. Fundamentally, the institution houses minimum and maximum security male inmates. The institution serves as a Medical hub for Enhanced Outpatient (EOP) and EOP Administrative Segregation levels of Healthcare and also operates a Prison Industry Authority (PIA) Laundry, and soap manufacturing facilities.
The institution serves as a Reentry Hub with programs such as Commercial Plumbing, Commercial Painting, Masonry and Computer Literacy. A Progressive Programming Facility (PPF) was established on Facility "A" in 2000. The PPF was created to create a program environment, free from violence, illegal drugs and disruptive behavior.
Productivity and self improvement opportunities are provided for inmates through academic classes, work programs, religious and self-help groups. LAC was constructed to meet the access requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and has been designated to house Level I, III and IV inmates. The housing of these inmates is accomplished on a Minimum Support Facility (MSF) and four 270 design facilities. LAC also houses inmates who meet the criteria of the Department’s Disability Placement Program (DPP). LAC has a 100 cell standalone Administrative Segregation Unit (ASU) and a Correctional Treatment Center (CTC) where inmates receive professionally supervised health care beyond that normally provided in the community on an out-patient basis. LAC also provides Correctional Clinical Case Management System (CCCMS) and Enhanced Outpatient Program (EOP).
- Visitation Home
- Facility Locations
- CA Out-of-State Facilities
- Community Correctional Facilities
- Juvenile Facilities (DJJ)
- Printable Maps of California's Correctional Facilities
- Get on the Bus
- Inmate Visiting Guidelines - includes Mail and Telephone calls (pdf)
- Juvenile Visitor Guidelines
- Visitor Processing Appointment Scheduling System (VPASS)