Pleasant Valley State Prison (PVSP)
3 Ways of Sending Money to Inmates
- Lock Box: A no fee service with a shorter hold time for sending money via money order, personal check, or cashier’s checks.
- EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer): A paid service, this is the fastest option with funds posted to inmate’s account within 1 to 3 days.
- Mail funds directly to the institution: Never a fee. All funds except Certified Funds are subject to a 30 day hold.
Pleasant Valley State Prison - Mission Statement
Pleasant Valley State Prison redefines public safety and public service while providing modern long-term housing and professional services for inmates of all custody levels. We provide excellence in state service. While maintaining the highest public safety security protocols, education and Career Technical skills are offered to inmates through our academic classes, vocational instruction and work programs in order to create viable job skills that are marketable in today’s workforce. We offer a multitude of self-help programs inclusive of Substance Abuse Treatment and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy that are developed to aid in the inmates’ ability to make positive life changing decisions, while giving back to society. We offer support to our local community through inmate work crews, mutual aid agreements in fire suppression, and a youth diversion program for at risk children. We offer one of the state’s first Enhanced Program Facilities for those inmates who choose to better themselves through positive programming. Our goal is to provide modern rehabilitative services to the inmate population while developing life and social skills to those preparing to reintegrate back into society. Our licensed Correctional Treatment Center provides short-term inpatient medical care, diagnostic evaluation and treatment for inmates, including those in need of intervention in our Mental Health Crisis Bed housing. We are able to provide modern medical care for those inmate patients designated as low to medium medical risk. PVSP provides professional medical and mental health services in modern facilities for those inmates identified through clinical intervention.
- Visitation Home
- Facility Locations
- CA Out-of-State Facilities
- Community Correctional Facilities
- Juvenile Facilities (DJJ)
- Printable Maps of California's Correctional Facilities
- Get on the Bus
- Inmate Visiting Guidelines - includes Mail and Telephone calls (pdf)
- Juvenile Visitor Guidelines
- Visitor Processing Appointment Scheduling System (VPASS)