California State Prison, Solano (SOL)
Gary Swarthout, |
California State Prison, Solano - Mission Statement
The primary mission of California State Prison (CSP), Solano is to provide custody, care and treatment, and rehabilitative programs for those inmates committed to the Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation by the courts. CSP-Solano is designed as a medium security institution to provide housing for general population inmates.
CSP-Solano focuses on providing a comprehensive work/training program with academic education, vocational training, and industries assignments geared towards providing inmates with work skills and education. Additionally, the institution has a variety of self-help programs including AA, NA, Veterans, VORG (Victim Offender Reconciliation Group), and POP (Prison Outreach Program). Through the Educational and Vocational training, Industries assignments, and self-help programs, the institution provides inmates the opportunity to develop the life skills necessary for successful re-integration into society. The institution is comprised of four separate, semi-autonomous facilities, a 125 bed Administrative Segregation Unit, and a 16 bed Correctional Treatment Center.
- Visitation Home
- Facility Locations
- CA Out-of-State Facilities
- Community Correctional Facilities
- Juvenile Facilities (DJJ)
- Printable Maps of California's Correctional Facilities
- Get on the Bus/Chowchilla Family Express
- Inmate Visiting Guidelines - includes Mail and Telephone calls (pdf)
- Juvenile Visitor Guidelines
- Visitor Processing Appointment Scheduling System (VPASS)