Salinas Valley State Prison (SVSP)
William Muniz, Warden (A)
3 Ways of Sending Money to Inmates
- Lock Box: A no fee service with a shorter hold time for sending money via money order, personal check, or cashier’s checks.
- EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer): A paid service, this is the fastest option with funds posted to inmate’s account within 1 to 3 days.
- Mail funds directly to the institution: Never a fee. All funds except Certified Funds are subject to a 30 day hold.
Salinas Valley State Prison - Mission Statement
The mission of Salinas Valley State Prison (SVSP) is to provide long-term housing and services for minimum and maximum custody male inmates. In doing so SVSP offers educational, religious and self help programming in the ongoing effort to help alleviate adverse behavior and reduce recidivism within the prison system. SVSP employees take pride in their continual efforts to ensure the delivery of services to the inmate population and in their primary mission of ensuring public safety and trust.
The SVSP motto: COURAGE, INTEGRITY, PROFESSIONALISM
Productivity and self improvement opportunities are provided for inmates through academic classes, work programs, religious and self-help groups. SVSP is continually moving forward to increase the quantity and quality of programming afforded to the inmate population in an ongoing effort to help reduce recidivism. SVSP was constructed to meet the access requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). SVSP has been designated to house Level I and IV inmates. The housing of these inmates is accomplished on a Minimum Support Facility (MSF), two 270 design facilities, two 180 design facilities and a 100 cell standalone Administrative Segregation Unit (ASU). SVSP has a Correctional Treatment Center (CTC) where inmates receive professionally supervised health care in an inpatient setting. SVSP provides Correctional Clinical Case Management System (CCCMS), Enhanced Outpatient Program (EOP) and Mental Health Crisis Bed (MHCB) for those inmates requiring mental health services. SVSP also houses inmates who meet the criteria of the CDCR Disability Placement Program (DPP) excluding DPV, DPH and DPS.
SVSP contains a division of the Department of State Hospitals (DSH) on grounds within the secured perimeter, DSH - Salinas Valley. This is an intermediate care inpatient psychiatric hospital, primarily servicing Level IV high security inmates who have a major mental health disorder that has diminished their ability to function within the general prison environment. DSH - Salinas Valley has two stand alone treatment centers and four retrofitted 180 housing units totaling 370 beds .
- Visitation Home
- Facility Locations
- CA Out-of-State Facilities
- Community Correctional Facilities
- Juvenile Facilities (DJJ)
- Printable Maps of California's Correctional Facilities
- Get on the Bus
- Inmate Visiting Guidelines - includes Mail and Telephone calls (pdf)
- Juvenile Visitor Guidelines
- Visitor Processing Appointment Scheduling System (VPASS)