- Video demo for the Visitor Processing Appointment Scheduling System (VPASS) Spanish Version
- Video demo for VPASS Account Activation
- Video demo for VPASS Forgotten Password Instructions
- Video demo for VPASS Edit and Cancel Appointment Instructions
- VPASS Informational Bulletin Spanish Version
- VPASS Frequently Asked Questions
The intent of the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation’s (CDCR) Visiting Program is to develop and maintain healthy family and community relationships.
The CDCR oversees the incarceration of both adult and juvenile offenders, as well as providing parolee services to adult and juvenile offenders.
This page is intended to assist the general public in locating, contacting, visiting, and corresponding with inmates and juveniles who are in CDCR institutions.
Visiting in CDCR facilities must be conducted in a manner in keeping with the need to maintain order, the safety of persons, the security of the facility, and the requirements of institutional activities and operations. Failure to comply with the established regulations and policies may result in a warning or termination, suspension, or revocation of visiting privileges. The CDCR Inmate Visiting Guidelines help ensure the safety and security of staff, visitors, and inmates.
If you're interested in learning more about the locations of institutions to visit offenders, follow these links:
- List of Adult Facilities and Locations
- List of California Out-of-State Facilities
- List of Community Correctional Facilities
- List of Juvenile Facilities (DJJ)
For procedures on visiting CDCR facilities, follow the link below:
- Contact a Prison Ombudsman
- Find an Inmate (redirects to the CDCR Identification Unit)
- View a list of Approved Vendors for Inmate Packages
- Receiving Calls From Inmates and Youths
- Visiting HOTLINE: 1-800-374-8474
- Visitation Home
- Facility Locations
- CA Out-of-State Facilities
- Community Correctional Facilities
- Juvenile Facilities (DJJ)
- Printable Maps of California's Correctional Facilities
- Get on the Bus
- Inmate Visiting Guidelines - includes Mail and Telephone calls (pdf)
- Juvenile Visitor Guidelines
- Visitor Processing Appointment Scheduling System (VPASS)