Wasco State Prison-Reception Center (WSP)
Contact & Visiting Information
Main Phone: (661) 758-8400
- 701 Scofield Avenue, Wasco, CA 93280
- Institution: 701 Scofield Avenue, P.O. Box 8800, Wasco, CA 93280
- Inmates (make sure to include Inmate's Name and CDCR number as well as last known housing):
- Facility A, 701 Scofield Ave.,P.O. Box 4400, Wasco, CA 93280
- Facility B, 701 Scofield Ave.,P.O. Box 5500, Wasco, CA 93280
- Facility C, 701 Scofield Ave.,P.O. Box 6600, Wasco, CA 93280
- Facility D, 701 Scofield Ave.,P.O. Box 7700, Wasco, CA 93280
- Facility E, 701 Scofield Ave.,P.O. Box 3300, Wasco, CA 93280
- Facility H, 701 Scofield Ave.,P.O. Box 9900, Wasco, CA 93280
Saturdays and Sundays from 8:00 a.m. to 2:45 p.m.
Designated Holidays* from 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
* New Year's Day, Independence Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day
All incoming processing begins at 8:00 a.m. and ends at 1:45 p.m.
Visit by appointment by calling (661) 758-8400 ext. 7864 Monday through Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. No Exception, all appointments must be made over the phone. Do not leave messages for appointments.
A CDCR funded Visitor Center is at the institution operated by a community-based organization under contract to CDCR. The Visitor Center provides visiting assistance to family members and friends including a sheltered place to wait before and after visits, transportation to and from local transit terminals, childcare, clothing appropriate for visits on loan, and information about local resources, visiting rules and regulations.
For information on how to get to WSP, visit this link to customize your driving directions.
Statewide Inmate Family Council Message:
Local Inmate Family Councils (IFC's) are a gathering of family and friends of the incarcerated who meet regularly with Wardens to support visiting since keeping strong family connections with loved ones is a powerful rehabilitative tool. These IFC's promote visiting by clarifying rules and regulations as well as discussing health, education, vocational training, packages, books, and related issues. For more information on connecting with a local IFC, please visit the Statewide IFC website.
About Wasco State Prison-Reception Center
About Wasco State Prison-Reception Center
The Wasco facility was the first of two reception centers in Kern County. The primary mission is to provide short term housing necessary to process, classify, and evaluate new inmates physically and mentally, to determine their security level, program requirements, and appropriate institutional placement.
A 400 bed medium custody facility houses general population inmates to help support and maintain the reception center. A minimum custody facility provides institutional maintenance and landscaping services.
About the Warden
Felix M. Vasquez has been Acting Warden at Wasco State Prison-Reception Center since December 2015.
He held several positions at CSP-Corcoran from May 2013 to December 2015, including Chief Deputy Warden and Associate Warden.
He served in multiple positions at California Substance Abuse Treatment Facility and State Prison from March 2007 to May 2013, including Captain and Correctional Counselor II.
He was a Correctional Counselor II at Kern Valley State Prison from January 2006 to March 2007. From November 2001 to January 2006, he was a Correctional Counselor I at CSP-Corcoran.
He was a Correctional Officer at Avenal State Prison from August 1996 to November 2001 (Special Emergency Response Team member). He was a Correctional Officer at CSP-Corcoran from May 1996 to August 1996.
He served in the United States Marine Corps 1992 to 1996.
- Sending Money to an Inmate
- PREA Information
- Inmate Population Reports (Weekly/Monthly)
- COMPSTAT Institution Statistics
- Public Information Officers (PIOs)
- Visitation Home
- Facility Locations
- CA Out-of-State Facilities
- Community Correctional Facilities
- Juvenile Facilities (DJJ)
- Printable Maps of California's Correctional Facilities
- Get on the Bus
- Inmate Visiting Guidelines - includes Mail and Telephone calls (pdf)
- Juvenile Visitor Guidelines
- Visitor Processing Appointment Scheduling System (VPASS)