Division of Adult Institutions (DAI)
How is DAI organized?
The Division of Adult Institutions (DAI) is comprised of four mission-based disciplines which include Reception Centers, High Security (Males), General Population (Males), and Female Offenders. These field operations are supported by centralized functions in the Operation Support Unit that are organized in matrix fashion to provide a combination of standardized and mission-based shared services.
As illustrated in the organization chart above, the Division, through four Associate Directors:
- Works with partners in the community, all levels of government, the academic and research communities and all levels of law enforcement in the development and initiation of new programs designed to improve inmate programming while incarcerated and to increase successful reintegration into the community.
- Participates in the research and development of evidence-based performance metrics, best practices, policy, statutory and regulatory proposals impacting each mission area,
- Directs, advises and mentors Wardens, on matters related to institution operations.
- Tracks external audit reviews/responses and monitoring functions to ensure appropriate responses are submitted.
- Represents the mission based program area, the Division and the Department in hearings and meetings with the Administration, the Legislature, Control Agencies and other federal, state and local government agencies.
Following is a listing of the four mission-based areas and the centralized operational support function, their unique missions, the institutions/programs assigned, and a main contact line.
- Female Offender Programs and Services/Special Housing (at CCWF, CHCF, CIW, CMF,FSP/FWF and CBU). Main line: 916-322-3684
- General Population Males (at ASP, CAL, CEN, CTF, CVSP, ISP, MCSP, PVSP, SOL, and VSP). Main line: 916-327-9522
- High Security (at CAC,CCI, COR, HDSP, KVSP, LAC, PBSP, SAC, SATF, and SVSP). Main line: 916-445-2165
- Reception Centers (at CCC, CIM, CMC, CRC, DVI, NKSP, RJD, SCC, SQ, and WSP). Main line: 916-324-3809
Division of Adult Institutions
Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation
P. O. Box 942883
Sacramento CA. 94283