Family & Friends Services
Family and friends can play a vital role in helping incarcerated people turn their lives around. Learn more about CDCR contacts, protocols, and initiatives below.
Who to Contact
For information about incarcerated people and parolees contact the appropriate Public Information Officer.
- Adult institution PIO contacts
- Visiting Sergeant/Lieutenant Phone List
- Adult Parole PIO contacts
- Juvenile institution PIO contacts
What to Expect
- When someone first arrives at a reception center
- After the reception center process an incarcerated person arrives at their designated institution
Information by Topic
- Allegations of staff misconduct
- Adult institutions
- Division of Juvenile Justice youth
- Expedited Expungement for Formerly Incarcerated Fire Camp Participants
- Heat Prevention and Response Efforts
- Potential Data Breach
- Recall and Resentencing Referral Program
- Senate Bill 483
- STG Housing
Complaints or issues
If you or your incarcerated loved one has a complaint or wish to raise an issue, an appropriate person to contact is an Ombudsman.