Career Opportunities & Exams
We offer jobs in both custody and non-custody environments to support the vision, mission, values and goals of our department.
Join Us for Our Virtual Career Fair
Officers enjoy competitive pay up $4,920-$8,216 / month.
We will hold 2 sessions of the career fair.
June 15, 2022 @ 12:00pm (noon)
June 15, 2022 @ 5:30pm
- Adult Parole (Parole Agent I)
- Correctional Officer & Counselor
- Executive (Exempt and CEA)
- Fleet Management
- Food Service
- Health Care
- Information Technology
- Plant Operations
- Religious Services
- Exam Schedule
- Open Exams
- Promotional Exams
- SSA Transfer Exam
- Out of Class info for Exams
- Online Testing Platform
CDCR has adult institutions throughout California that are regularly looking to hire. All CDCR vacancies can be found here.
CDCR’s Facility Locator page provides access to each adult institution’s web page, there you can find a Job Vacancies button that provides a listing of current facility vacancies, regional information, and photos.
General Information for Job Seekers
- How to Apply for a State Job
- Writing a Resume
- Statement of Qualifications, Desirable Qualifications, and Supplemental Questionnaires
- Job Analysis
- Criminal Record Supplemental Questionnaire
- California Law Prohibits Workplace Discrimination and Harassment
- Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law
Government Alliance on Race & Equity (GARE)
- We are working to achieve racial equity and advance opportunities for all. View our path forward and check out our informational videos!