Career Opportunities & Exams
Join the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR). We offer jobs in both custody and non-custody environments to support the vision, mission, values and goals of our department.
- Adult Parole (Parole Agent I)
- Correctional Officer & Counselor
- Executive (Exempt and CEA)
- Fleet Administration
- Food Service
- Health Care
- Information Technology
- Plant Operations
- Religious Services
CDCR has 35 adult institutions throughout California that are regularly looking to hire.
- Visit CDCR’s Facility Locator page to find the adult facility you are interested in working at. On each institution page you can find a Job Vacancies button that provides a listing of facility vacancies, regional information, and photos.
General Information for Job Seekers
- How to Apply for a State Job
- Writing a Resume
- Statement of Qualifications, Desirable Qualifications, and Supplemental Questionnaires
- Job Analysis
- Criminal Record Supplemental Questionnaire
- California Law Prohibits Workplace Discrimination and Harassment
- Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law
Government Alliance on Race & Equity (GARE)
- We are working to achieve racial equity and advance opportunities for all. View our path forward.