Vision, Mission, Values, and Goals
With our partners, we protect the public from crime and victimization.
We enhance public safety through safe and secure incarceration of offenders, effective parole supervision, and rehabilitative strategies to successfully reintegrate offenders into our communities.
- Service: We serve and are responsible to the public. We value their trust and invite their involvement.
- Leadership: We serve as positive role models and foster an environment that supports a balance between professional development, professional job performance, and personal wellness.
- Integrity: We conduct ourselves professionally through fair, honest, and ethical behavior. We have the courage to do what is right, even in the face of adversity.
- Accountability: We accept responsibility for our actions and decisions as well as their consequences.
- Respect: We respect each other’s differences and treat others with courtesy, dignity, and consideration.
- Trust: We are people of character. We keep our word and honor our commitments.
- Collaboration: We work with our stakeholders as partners to support mutual understanding of ideas and open exploration of our differences.
The goals of the Department are two-fold and encompass:
- Workforce Excellence: Ensure a well-trained, quality workforce.
- Technology: Develop an information technology strategy and implement systems capable of managing both current needs and anticipated growth.
- Risk Management/Organizational Effectiveness: Achieve organizational excellence in our operations and systems.
- Legal Compliance: Develop preventive strategies to preclude class action suits and remedy identified violations.
- Crime Prevention and Safety: Develop a comprehensive crime prevention program and establish evidence-based research to determine the impact of offender programs within the institutions and community to reduce criminality and victimization.
- Outreach, Partnerships, and Transparency: Seek out partnerships and develop meaningful programs and processes to promote shared responsibility for community safety.
- Health Care Delivery: Ensure an organization design and accompanying systems to provide efficient delivery of quality health care.
- About CDCR
- Executive Staff
- Secretary’s Page
- Mission Statement
- Strategic Plan
- Sustainability Program
- Press Office
- External Affairs
- Public Meetings & Notices
- Inmate Population Reports